It was fantasy heaven for most managers last night, unless of course you owned one of the three goalies that got yanked from the game. More on those duds later. Tuesday was a busy night with 12 games on the go which resulted in 68 goals, 8 of which were game winners.

Thank the following skaters; N.Foligno, J.Nolan, R.Clune, K.Shattenkirk, B.Saad, J.Szwarz (there’s a “force” joke in there somewhere ), J.Eberle and R.Smith.

Of the 12 games, one was a shut-out, two finished in overtime and the other four went to shoot-outs.

STUDS

It was a multi-point extravaganza with one 5 point, three 4 point and four 3 point players. Tongue twister anyone?

Backstrom’s back, alright!

Nicklas was a beast last night having a hand in all 5 of Washington’s goals in their come-from-behind victory. He had 1 goal, 4 assists, 2 penalty minutes, 2 shots on goal, 1 hit and 68% in the circle. Nicklas Backstrom is clearly the Stud of the night with 5 points, and the added peripheral stats are a nice bonus.

Four for Three in the Eastern half of Maryland. (443 is one of their telephone area codes)

Alex Ovechkin was back to his usual self scoring a powerplay hat-trick and adding another goal for good measure. He also had 6 shots on goal and 2 hits.

Cam Atkinson elevated his game with 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 shots on goal, 1 block, 1 hit and was +2 on the night.

Brandon Dubinsky had a solid roto stat line with 1 goal, 3 assists, 6 shots on goal, 1 block, 4 hits and finished +3.

The Fountain Tire Award goes to …

Martin St. Louis, Patrick Kane, Paul Gaustad and Tyler Johnson all ended the night with 1 goal, 2 assists and a +2 rating. Gaustad and Johnson added 3 shots on goal each, while Kane had 4 and St. Louis had 6 shots. Gaustad was also an impressive 69% in face-offs.

DUDS
It was "pull your goalie" night last night.

You’re Holting me back!
Braden let in 3 goals on 8 shots! So pathetic that I don’t even want to write about him anymore, ever.

The Price is wrong …
Carey didn’t fare much better letting in 4 goals on 16 shots. Remind me again why I traded the farm to get you. You better hope that wasn’t a try-out game for Team Canada.

Leht-em-in
Believe it or not Kari was the better of the three stinky goalies as he only allowed 4 goals on 19 shots.

If your stats took a nose-dive last night, you have Holtby, Price and Lehtonen to blame. If, like me, you happen to own two of the three it was a very frustrating fantasy night.

Cheers