Thread: Bogosian - long term

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Bogosian - long term

Obviously he's been hurt. But what kind of upside does he have going forward -- next year, three years, upside?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Bogosian - long term

When I watch him I still get the feeling there is so much upside. The issue is that with Buff there (at least for now) and Trouba looking like a legitmate top pairing player at some point, I'm worried that there might not be enough PP time to go around. I would be looking at somewhere around 35 points with solid PIMs and OK SOG. I lot will depend on how things with Buff turn out (whether he is traded, or moves to the wing for good...etc). Hope that helps!
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    When I watch him I still get the feeling there is so much upside. The issue is that with Buff there (at least for now) and Trouba looking like a legitmate top pairing player at some point, I'm worried that there might not be enough PP time to go around. I would be looking at somewhere around 35 points with solid PIMs and OK SOG. I lot will depend on how things with Buff turn out (whether he is traded, or moves to the wing for good...etc). Hope that helps!
    This is a pretty good assessment. He's got great tools. One thing to remember is that this season he played a lot on his off side in the first half, and that really hurt his play and production. That won't happen again.
    Aside from PP and 4 on 4, I don't see Buff ever lining the Jets blue line again, even if injuries come up. Trouba is the best defenseman the team has, so even with Buff up front, Bogo is still third string offensively. He can play big minutes, though, and he can skate and shoot, so he'll still put up points. Eventually I see Morrissey stepping into Enstrom's skates, so I don't see Bogo ever being elevated to PP1, but PP2 isn't so bad, depending on your hopes/expectations. I like D_K's estimates of 35-ish points with good PIM's and decent SOG. He's definitely got that in him.

Dobber Sports Guru

How do I give Rep for these solid responses?!
    I haven't been on the forum since the change as much.
    Thanks guys.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm a league with a group of guys that love Bogo, and I just don't see their reason. A lot of what the posters said about, I agree with. Byfuglien and Trouba will see the majority of the PP time right now. I just can't see the hype around the potential of Bogo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    I'm a league with a group of guys that love Bogo
    I wish I was that lucky.

The Great One

Morrissey might be one of my favourite prospects. I see him getting (when he's ready.... 2 yearsish) better offensive minutes than bogo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    I wish I was that lucky.
    Yeah, I'm glad they love him, lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm with MillerTime here. I just don't see the love for him that others do. I think he's a solid bottom D add in multi cat leagues but unsure if he'll ever live up to his hype/potential. With Buff, Trouba, Enstrom and eventually Morrissey he may never see the PP minutes needed to provide great fantasy numbers. If he's moved to another team his value would definitely increase.