Thread: U of Ottawa hockey program suspended due to serious allegations...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default U of Ottawa hockey program suspended due to serious allegations...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...gram-1.2557992

The University of Ottawa announced Monday it has suspended its men's varsity hockey program over allegations of "serious misconduct" and referred the matter to police.

The allegations involving some members of the team date back several weeks but senior management in the University's Sports Services was only made aware from a third party on February 24, according to a news release. The university reported the incident to police on Feb. 25.

"The university has high expectations of all our students and staff. The alleged misconduct is not in keeping with the values that are at the heart of athletics and student life on campus," the release said.

Ottawa police referred CBC to Thunder Bay police, saying the allegations of misconduct are not part of an Ottawa police investigation.

The University of Ottawa Gee Gees played the Lakehead University Thunderwolves in Thunder Bay on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1.

The University of Ottawa said it has launched an internal review. It also stated in a news release that it will "cooperate fully" with any police investigation.

The university is expected to comment on the suspension of the men's hockey program at 2:30 p.m. ET.

No other details about the allegations were immediately available.

Apparently, details are starting to roll out.

https://twitter.com/shaaminiwhy/stat...60201360355328

Sources say the incident is an alleged sexual assault involving multiple members of the U of O's men's varsity hockey team #ottnews
    https://twitter.com/shaaminiwhy/stat...60548107653120

There is one alleged female victim in the alleged gang sexual assault being investigation in connection to UofO men's hockey team #ottnews
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: U of Ottawa hockey program suspended due to serious allegations...

This is just disgusting and infuriating. Obviously details will follow, but taken at face value, no punishment will be too great for the men involved.

Dobber Sports Giant

Men being awful? Color me surprised /sarcasm
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Men being awful? Color me surprised /sarcasm
    Yes, females can't be awful too...what are you exactly?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yes, females can't be awful too...what are you exactly?
    Isn't it obvious what I'm saying? Be sure to post the link next time there is an alleged gang rape perpetrated by women ... Oh wait, that'll be never.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Isn't it obvious what I'm saying? Be sure to post the link next time there is an alleged gang rape perpetrated by women ... Oh wait, that'll be never.
    You must be a woman. What a ******ed comment.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    You must be a woman. What a ******ed comment.
    Yes ... just as ******ed as your comment about me being a woman, I guess. And you're basing this off what, exactly? I'm basing my opinions on the fact that men are perpetrators of awful crimes against women. You're just mad because you think I'm issuing an indictment against you, which simply isn't true. Scary crimes are committed by pretty much entirely men; however, not all men are perpetrating scary crimes. Doesn't mean saying "men are awful" is any stretch of the truth. Pay attention, Ev, you just might learn something about the world.

Banned

Yes ... just as ******ed as your comment about me being a woman, I guess. And you're basing this off what, exactly? I'm basing my opinions on the fact that men are perpetrators of awful crimes against women. You're just mad because you think I'm issuing an indictment against you, which simply isn't true. Scary crimes are committed by pretty much entirely men; however, not all men are perpetrating scary crimes. Doesn't mean saying "men are awful" is any stretch of the truth. Pay attention, Ev, you just might learn something about the world.
    The comment about you being a woman is because you look at this story and make it out to be about how men are awful - not about how THESE men are awful (which is true), you said MEN in general. That's ******ed. You sound like a feminist hippie douchebag. You're saying men are evil and women never do anything bad. Christ, I took a women's studies class before, never again. I have no time for people like you.

You're completely ignorant if you don't think there are sexual assaults on men by women.

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is a disgusting story………I hope there is jail-time for all of the dirt-bags involved and they get their butt-holes prodded in prison.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Master

Now now, the forum is no place for anger.. but I'm sure MounD would take this comment back if she could, as it is not the best or wisest post but we all have moments like that.

Be sure to post the link next time there is an alleged gang rape perpetrated by women ... Oh wait, that'll be never.
    It is of course possible and does occur. But it is neither here nor there. This investigation needs to be concluded and if deemed responsible, convicted and guilty, the guys involved need to be punished bad. Expulsion + jail. Awesome way to end undergrad. Idiots

As an alum I am not happy to see something like this could have occurred. Pretty friggin bad.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Don't drop the soap ya bunch of filthy animals. If this story holds true, I hope these guys all get what's coming to them and they all end up with big cell-mates named Bubba.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't really see how this thread could turn into an argument but... Sick story, if there tried and convicted I hope they get what they deserve!!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.