Thread: Big Things Afoot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Big Things Afoot

So we are planning on starting our keeper league for next year this year by going ahead and allowing people to pick either 3 or 4 off their current rosters for next year to be inputed before the draft. This gives me quite the dilema. A week ago my 3 picks were going to be Lundy, Karlsson and Benn, with 4 picks it would include Neal. Being a huge Benn fan is making it hard because does it really make sense to take him over someone like Neal in a keep 3? Then the question comes in: depending on how Miller does in St Louis, would you take him over Lundy if Miller kills it for the rest of the year? Lundy is getting back to being solid and I know hes a top 2 or 3 goalie, but this Miller thing is interesting me.

Also, I had to drop Letang a couple days ago to add Schenn because I was severly outnumbered and needed hits. So that leaves Letang in the FA pool, most likely going to stay there until someone grabs him for the keeper league next year.

Then, to throw a final wrench in the gears, a week ago Tavares got dropped. I could swoop on him just before the end of our season to secure him for next year seeing as how they think hell be good to go right around the end of the playoffs.

What would you guys do in this position?
    H2H Cats Keep 1 (alternate keep 1/keep 3) League (12 team)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR+
    G A (+/-) PIM PPP SHP SoG HIT BLK / W GAA SV SHO
    F: Point, Suzuki, Nylander, B. Tkachuk, Rust, Kessel, Bunting, Barbashev, Rantanen, Barkov, Bertuzzi
    D: Ekblad, Trouba, Barrie, Severson
    G: Otter, Gibson
    IR+:Pacioretty, McAvoy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Big Things Afoot

Lundqvist, Karlsson, Tavares and if you get beat to Tavares then you go with Neal

personally i am not keeping Benn over Neal and there is no way in hell i would even consider Miller over Lundqvist

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    Lundqvist, Karlsson, Tavares and if you get beat to Tavares then you go with Neal

personally i am not keeping Benn over Neal and there is no way in hell i would even consider Miller over Lundqvist
    I agree 100% with this.

And even as a huge Benn fan as well (and owner of him in my pool), I'd keep Neal over him if I had both.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Both of you confirming what I was thinking. Heres hoping Benn stays around in the draft a little while, hopefully give him the swoop a bit later. Thanks guys, +rep
    H2H Cats Keep 1 (alternate keep 1/keep 3) League (12 team)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR+
    G A (+/-) PIM PPP SHP SoG HIT BLK / W GAA SV SHO
    F: Point, Suzuki, Nylander, B. Tkachuk, Rust, Kessel, Bunting, Barbashev, Rantanen, Barkov, Bertuzzi
    D: Ekblad, Trouba, Barrie, Severson
    G: Otter, Gibson
    IR+:Pacioretty, McAvoy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dillingerdis View Post
    Both of you confirming what I was thinking. Heres hoping Benn stays around in the draft a little while, hopefully give him the swoop a bit later. Thanks guys, +rep
    No problem. Depending who goes back in the draft pool, I'd try to grab him first round. Hard to find a guy with his toolset in your league categories (he's just slightly behind Neal).