Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: MacKinnon

12-game point streak with an EN assist in the final minute of tonight's game. 21 points in his last 15 games. On pace for 67+ points.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    12-game point streak with an EN assist in the final minute of tonight's game. 21 points in his last 15 games. On pace for 67+ points.
    Indeed, he's had a very successful rookie season
    I wonder if they will keep him on the wing given how well he has played or if they still want to try to move him to C?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    What about Hall for Mackinnon. Straight up
    Really? Are we THAT sure about MacKinnon? Hall is already a point per game player and he's still so young.

Didnt want to start a new Mackinnon thread but just was talking to some buddies about this;

Out of every single player drafted in 2011,2012,2013 the only players with more points than Mackinnon are:
    Outside of top 3 in 11' he is damn close!

2011:
    Landeskog: 121
    Nugent-Hopkins: 119
    Couturier: 74
    Saad: 69
    Shaw: 66
    Huberdeau:55

2012:
    Yakupov: 55
    Galchenyuk: 53

2013:
    Mackinnon: 51
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Really? Are we THAT sure about MacKinnon? Hall is already a point per game player and he's still so young.
    I don't know if I would send Hall for Mackinnon straight up ... it's still a bit early. All signs point to Mackinnon establishing himself as a point-per-gamer in the very near future, but Hall is already an established stud. I think I'd still expect a little something added to Mackinnon in order to move Hall at this point.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I don't know if I would send Hall for Mackinnon straight up ... it's still a bit early. All signs point to Mackinnon establishing himself as a point-per-gamer in the very near future, but Hall is already an established stud. I think I'd still expect a little something added to Mackinnon in order to move Hall at this point.
    Exactly this. The hype on this kid is ridiculous.

Rant: I GET that he is something special, and I GET what he is doing right now is amazing. That said, people need to step back a bit and analyze the situation.
    For example, Skinner netted 63 pts in his first season. Many players have done exceptionally well as a rookie. I get that Mackinnon was always projected to be great, and that he has 1st overall pedigree, and that he looks great this far, but it is still way too early to assume Mackinnon is the next 100 pt guy and that he will reach it soon. So many things can affect a players' development, and there is no formula for figuring out how they will develop. Do I think Mackinnon will be a top 20 guy? Absolutely. Top 10 guy? Very likely. Top 5 guy? Very unlikely.

I would have to take a current top 10 guy still early in his development compared to a guy that may be a top 10 guy.

But given the circle jerk on Mackinnon on this forum I know I will probably get torn apart for saying that. I love me some Mackinnon too and think he will be something special, but he is talked about like he is the Second Coming. I'd want Mackinnon+ if I am giving up Hall, not Hall or Hall+ for mackinnon.

Dobber Sports Legend

I like MacKinnon better than Hall but that's just me. Hall plays too reckless and wild of a game for my liking - he has no "off switch" which makes me think the injuries will keep piling up.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Mack and Hall are equal. Both guys are young studs and will be huge assets in a keeper/dynasty league. The thing with MacKioon is he could develop into a superstar, whereas, I only see Hall developing into a star. Do you get what I am saying?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's already broken a gretzky record in his rookie year playing on a quality team with almost a point per game pace. This kid is living up to the hype and goignto finish the season with the highest points a rookie has gotten in years. Superstar in the making plain and simple.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i love MacKinnon because in keeper leagues he increases the value of every single young player you own

it is so easy trading potential for proven because there is only one of him and other GMs so badly want to find a diamond in the rough that might get them as excited as the owners of MacKinnon are

Barkov, Nich, etc are all having their values completely blown up because they are indirectly tied to this guy

i am not suggesting they are not valuable players to have i just think that people are doing crazy things regarding these players considering how long it has taken players who are not Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin to fully hit their stride

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's already broken a gretzky record in his rookie year playing on a quality team with almost a point per game pace. This kid is living up to the hype and goignto finish the season with the highest points a rookie has gotten in years. Superstar in the making plain and simple.