Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brodeur waives NTC

The Great One

Default Re: Brodeur waives NTC

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I just dont think Lou will trade him. Marty may want to go somewhere else so he can play a bit more but I just think Lou Lamarillo has more respect for Marty to trade him.
    I don't understand this comment. If Brodeur WANTS to be traded, how is Lou respecting him by refusing to do so?

If Brodeur wants to move on somewhere else to play games, good for him.

To say his image will be tarnished if he plays somewhere else is absolute nonsense.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    Modano, Sundin to name a couple. They left their teams to go have a crack at it and I think their legacy would be so much stronger had they stayed and retired with their original clubs. Marty has nothing left to prove and with a good investor has a boat load of money.
    http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...rodeur_mu.html

He'll keep playing until 2020.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    Modano, Sundin to name a couple. They left their teams to go have a crack at it and I think their legacy would be so much stronger had they stayed and retired with their original clubs. Marty has nothing left to prove and with a good investor has a boat load of money.
    What about Ray Bourque? Is his legacy tarnished because he went to Colorado and won a cup? Or Gordie Howe playing in Hartford to play with his sons? Or Bobby Hull with the Jets?

A top notch player won't have his legacy tarnished if he leaves a team.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    What about Ray Bourque? Is his legacy tarnished because he went to Colorado and won a cup? Or Gordie Howe playing in Hartford to play with his sons? Or Bobby Hull with the Jets?

A top notch player won't have his legacy tarnished if he leaves a team.
    Agreed. If he gets traded to another team, this changes nothing as far as Brodeur's legacy goes.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I don't understand this comment. If Brodeur WANTS to be traded, how is Lou respecting him by refusing to do so?

If Brodeur wants to move on somewhere else to play games, good for him.

To say his image will be tarnished if he plays somewhere else is absolute nonsense.
    I think he meant that Lou would save Brodeur from himself. Frustrated and such, Brodeur may not be thinking clearly and it obviously leads to frustration when you think you still got it but your coach doesn't... He's a proud guy and wants to play and it's hard for these competitive guys to accept that they are done. Not saying he is, but he's obviously not the goalie he once was. No one ever is. Father time catches all. I read somewhere he has a record of "everything and 0".

If Bourque did it, Marty certainly can. His reputation will be fine. I just don't think it will lead to what Jagr is doing... more, it will lead to what Selanne's season has been like (olympic performance notwithstanding).

Stay in NJ Marty, and retire a Devil, you ol' devil you...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck