Thread: Weber or Byfuglien

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Weber or Byfuglien

G, A, +/-, Shots, Hits, Blocks.

Who would you rather own in a keeper with those categories? (Yahoo league, so buff is D-eligible)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Weber or Byfuglien

bump. Would like some input!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a good question, I would also like to hear people's opinions on the two d-man. At first look i was gonna say Buf, but then I went and compared them and it definitely brings up a good debate. I also have Burns and Buf on my team like you do, and I am suffering in the block shots department. This is a tough one for me

Dobber Sports Wizard

Both are elite options.

Points is an edge to Buff, plus/minus slight edge to Buff since Weber plays the hard minutes. Weber is a better option for blocked shots.

Byfuglien leads all Dmen in shots on goal this year - something to think about.

Dobber Sports Deity

While the stat cats may vary a bit between the league, this topic was chewed on last week. Some interesting opinions in this thead:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ighlight=weber
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the input so far everyone, and thanks for the link Axeman33. As was sort of discussed in that one, it seems like this is indeed as tough of a call as I imagined. My need for blocked shots (as I have burns and buff) might make me jump to Weber, but that point potential of Buff and his absurd shot and hit totals since moving to forward makes it tough to give up. I can trade Buff for Weber straight up, though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Give me Weber…..he's way more durable. Buff goes down every year for some reason. Weber also blocks a ton more shots than Buff, and has a way better +/-….only cats that either player has a huge edge. Buff shoots a lot, but so does Weber, and the difference in SOG doesn't make up for the big advantage Weber has in BS, +/-, and durability.

Given those three points, it's Weber for me, and it's not even that close.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I love Byfuglien, but who knows what Yahoo will do with his position eligibility next year. Will they get rid of Buff's defensive position? With that said, I think Weber is a STUD in a league that counts hits and blocks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Even though Webeer might have a slight edge overall in Hits and Blocks Buff should score more points and take 40 or 50 more SOG. He would be my choice (as long as he is D eligible)
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Expert

Both are elite options, however I want the afety of Weber full time D status.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone. A few days ago I actually managed to trade Burns for Weber; so I get to keep buff, got rid of 1 guy who was a risk with D status next year and beyond, and addressed my needs for blocks.