Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lack gets start in Heritage Classic

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Lack gets start in Heritage Classic

Could Luongo be of interest to Tim Murray? Pegulas got deep pockets and could be willing to take on such a untradeable contract... Yahoo hasn't even changed Halak to reflect he's a Sabre and there is so much speculation of him being flipped again..

Dobber Sports Stud

Worst thing is I thought that Torts previously had announced that Luongo was starting tomorrow.

If they are going into rebuild might as well ride Lack. I was never much of a Luongo fan but I feel for the guy. He's ahndles himself with class through this whole debacle.

Could Luongo finally be on his way to Florida?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    This actually makes sense................
    Indeed it does. Adding Lack for tomorrow's spot start, then will hold him through Weds. just to see if something goes down.

Dobber Sports Wizard

NYI, Florida, and Buffalo are the logical destinations in the East.

It will never happen but their best option out West for a trading partner is Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Not with those contracts......they are looking SO washed up, it's not even funny. No one wants to be saddled with 2 albatross contracts, haha....that signing was idiotic, and showed that Gillis' assessment of this team was WAY off. Window to win long closed, this team will be in a full rebuild in the near future.
    We get it. You hate the Canucks. You're happy they are struggling. You hope the struggles continue. Your dislike of the Canucks is obvious. But calling Kesler's contract an albatross is moronic. They would have no problem moving him.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    But calling Kesler's contract an albatross is moronic. They would have no problem moving him.
    Agreed regarding Kesler's contract, his cap hit is only 5m/year and it ends at the end of 2015-16. Very reasonable for a heart and soul player that contributes intangibles and points. Kesler is only 29 years old - he has one more big contract left to sign after his current one.

Luongo's contract, yes a disaster, but there are teams that would still take him if the cost was low/reasonable.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    We get it. You hate the Canucks. You're happy they are struggling. You hope the struggles continue. Your dislike of the Canucks is obvious. But calling Kesler's contract an albatross is moronic. They would have no problem moving him.
    I was referring to the Sedin contracts as albatrosses, (not Keslers, someone brought up trading the Sedins) because that is exactly what they are. No one wants 2 over-the-hill, heartless players that are signed for big bucks for the forseeable future and area already on a steep decline....and now can't score to save their lives.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Master

I'm starting to wonder if it is just that the Canucks can't manage people...

The whole thing with Hodgson being headache so they had to trade him, followed by the Luongo/Schneider fiasco, and now this + the Kesler trade request.

They've spent two years jerking Luongo around (I know he gets well paid for it, but it has still bordered on dick-ish treatment), they haven't even given a game since his Olympic break, and they are benching him for the outdoor game he was really looking forward to...

Man, how long until he says f*ck it and retires sticking Gillis with a cap benefit recapture nightmare?

Crazy prediction: Luongo goes with Kesler to Pittsburgh (for stuff + Fleury) and wins a Cup.
    (and before anyone chimes in with a "Fleury is having a great season why trade for Luongo" argument, they have the same SV% this year, and unlike Fleury, Lu hasn't had a GAA of 3.5 in the post season vs the freaking Islanders)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if it is just that the Canucks can't manage people...

The whole thing with Hodgson being headache so they had to trade him, followed by the Luongo/Schneider fiasco, and now this + the Kesler trade request.

They've spent two years jerking Luongo around (I know he gets well paid for it, but it has still bordered on dick-ish treatment), they haven't even given a game since his Olympic break, and they are benching him for the outdoor game he was really looking forward to...

Man, how long until he says f*ck it and retires sticking Gillis with a cap benefit recapture nightmare?

Crazy prediction: Luongo goes with Kesler to Pittsburgh (for stuff + Fleury) and wins a Cup.
    (and before anyone chimes in with a "Fleury is having a great season why trade for Luongo" argument, they have the same SV% this year, and unlike Fleury, Lu hasn't had a GAA of 3.5 in the post season vs the freaking Islanders)
    Your crazy prediction has some logic - I can't see MAF getting the Pens to another SCF. The Canucks get out of the albatross contract, the Pens get a more reliable goalie. Also, Fleury has a limited NTC. Obviously this happening is less than 5%.........but it's not impossible.

Dobber Sports Sage

Frankly, I think that blowing a 3-2 lead in the Stanley Cup Finals a few years ago psychologically destroyed that franchise for the time being. There has been a malaise surrounding the Canucks since. And many poor decisions emanating from the front office. The Hodgson for Kassian trade was just the beginning of a long list of questionable moves that smacked of desperation. Re-signing the Sedins was done to keep asses in the seats during the rebuild--their presence will give a false sense of hope to the ticket-buying sheep.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Canuckleheads starting to turn into a s%&t show. As the great Jim Leahy said " Randy the s%&t hawks are starting to circle"
    Luongo - Fleury actually makes a little sense.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think the Canucks have been missing a solid leader in their dressing room for some time. It was foolish to name Luongo captain of this team a couple years back and Henrik isn't the answer as captain. I have a difficult time believing that Henrik inspires confidence and motivation with this team.
    Kesler is the real captain of this team and has been for some time. I can just imagine how some of the younger guys recently brought into this organization must feel if it's true that Kesler wants out. Then it's not just Luongo whose situation has been talked about endlessly - Kesler possibly wanting out raises even more questions about this organization.
    As much as I feel bad for Luongo constantly insinuating that he's "not going anywhere" is of his own making as well. He signed his contract as well - this isn't all on Gillis. And making snide comments about not getting what he wants by taking shots at management isn't going to result in flowery treatment from Gillis either.
    Doesn't surprise me that Lack is getting the start. If you make public comments criticizing your organization, you're likely not going to get what you want and will probably ostracize yourself even further.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sadly, Luongo isn't appealing to teams that want to stay close to the cap floor. His cap hit is 5.33m/year but his actual salary over the next few seasons is 6.17m/year.

May as well count NYI out of the mix, and Florida as well.

Looks like it's Buffalo/Edmonton or bench.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Personally, I'd love to see Lou here in Edmonton, he'd be the best goalie we've rostered in a LONG time. Not sure the timing makes sense for us as we are nowhere near ready to contend and a younger goalie would likely be abetter fit. Absolutely zero chance the Canucks trade him in-division though unless we paid an astronomical amount.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm still shaking my head at the decision to start Lack today.......after how badly they jerked Lou around in the last few years, this just makes the decision makers in the organization look like a bunch of A-holes