Thread: Nash - Pavelski

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nash - Pavelski

Point-only league (league in sig).

Forget this year. Next year and beyond, is Nash still the better own. Is it close?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nash - Pavelski

Close, but I like Pavelski because of his team. He's more likely to get the better matchups and hes playing with better players.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Point-only league (league in sig).

Forget this year. Next year and beyond, is Nash still the better own. Is it close?
    Nash for me, same age and Pavelski has never put up Nash numbers. Granted, they haven't been far off, but the point still stands. And since you said ignore this year, then I couldn't see an argument for Pavelski. His shooting percentage is off is the charts and due for a regression; it's not like he suddenly broke through to the next level at 30 years of age.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ugh I want to drink the pavelski kool-aid but history would probably tell you he's a little old to expect a huge breakout with sustained ppg type succes.
    On the other hand Nash has always been a little overrated. I'd prob stick with whoever I already owned here in fear of regretting making the wrong choice. If I have the choice of receiving either in a trade? Pavelski by a hair.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd still prefer Nash here.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not confident Pavelski can keep up this pace the next few seasons. It's very close, but I'd still take Nash.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't understand why people underrate Pavelski so much.

Last 3 full NHL seasons (10-11, 11-12, 13-14):

Pavelski: 184 points in 216 games
    Nash: 153 points in 200 games

If you include the lock-out year:

Pavelski: 215 points in 264 games
    Nash: 195 points in 244 games

Pavelski is on the better team with the better linemates and is playing at his best. Meanwhile, Nash is on an offensively challenged team and is having a pretty bad stretch right now.

Sure, it's close but while Nash is the sexier most acknowledge 'star', Pavelski has been producing at the same (or even better) pace.

I'll take Pavelski.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This would be my response. It seems like an even swap and I generally only try to make trades I'm confident I am going to win. This one could go either way, so I'd be inclined to hold whatever I already had. But I like Pavelski a bit more, if for no other reasons than team and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Ugh I want to drink the pavelski kool-aid but history would probably tell you he's a little old to expect a huge breakout with sustained ppg type succes.
    On the other hand Nash has always been a little overrated. I'd prob stick with whoever I already owned here in fear of regretting making the wrong choice. If I have the choice of receiving either in a trade? Pavelski by a hair.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm still gonna take Nash, because he has the extra level that I don't think Pavelski does. Nash has scored 40 goals twice, with a 38 goal season, and a 39 goal pace last year. These two are close enough in what they normally score, I'd take a chance on Nash hitting the extra gear.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Really tough to separate Pavelski's production this year from what we should typically expect from him. Looking at both their careers it would seem that a reasonable expectation would be:

Pavelski - 60-65
    Nash - 65-70

With Nash we know that he has 80 point potential in New York (saw a flash of it in the lockout year). However, the injury this year has had an impact and the numbers have dropped significantly.

With Pavelski, we could be witnessing a guy taking on an even bigger role on his team ..... the issue is that he currently has a 19.6 shooting percentage, compared to his career average of 11%, which means some regression could be expected.

Ultimately I would lean towards Nash. Better numbers over their careers and possessing a tad more upside. Hope that helps! Good luck
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK