Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

I...am your father.

Default Re: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

Originally posted by LeTrefle View Post
    I asked for Kessel. Offered a forward and a dman. He wants two forwards. He's in rebuild, looking to upgrade his keepers. Would you offer Datsyuk and Spezza to land Kessel? I'm in the race, within 20 points of the lead. Would need to recieve another F in the trade. Here is the players I might ask for with Kessel: D.Sedin - not a chance, he's his best F with Kessel. Nash, M.Koivu, Eriksson - would like to get one of these, with Kessel. Wheeler, Kreider, Brassard, Callahan, Eller - a tier under, would it be enough of a return with Kessel? Do you see a deal here? Wich forward(s) would you ask (or be happy to get) with Kessel for Spezza and Datsyuk? He's short on D too, so I could dangle Leddy or Goligoski with my offer to make him bite... Thanks. Edit: Each time you see a period in the text, I hit the return button. On my ipad, my repies always seem to be just one big paragraph... On my computer, the return button change line. Not on my ipad... ???
    I would do that for Kessel and Wheeler, and could probably weasel a draft pick out of him too
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Recruit

Originally posted by Dobber View Post

Welcome! I would take that deal, though it's close. I just really like the outlook for Wheeler in the last 50 games. I also like PAP in the last 50 games, which makes the deal closer
    Thanks! I feel good about the deal as well. Any other advice as to what I could do to improve my squad? I know I am weak at center and Defense. 16 team league so the free agent pool is pretty weak. Any and all possible trade advice would be welcomed. Thanks again. Here is my team:

C - Bergeron
    C - Johansson (LW)
    LW - Sedin
    LW - Neal (RW)
    RW - Perry
    RW - Wheeler
    D - Burns (RW)
    D - Enstrom
    D - Streit
    D - (Empty)
    Util - Sharp (C,LW)
    Util - Pacioretty (LW)
    BN - Stewart (RW)
    BN - Perrault (C)
    BN - Killorn (C,LW)
    BN - Cammalleri (C,LW)
    BN - Bjugstad (C)
    IR - Silfverberg (LW,RW)
    G - Crawford
    G - F. Andersen
    BN - Raanta
    IR - Rinne

Stats are: G,A,+/-, PIM. PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    1 year non-keeper league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

G'day Dobber,

With my team in signature, I'm sitting 2nd by a couple of points, way above where I expected to be running. With Stammer down for most of the season, I've had a bunch of offers come through (Most rubbish as you'd assume). I had one come in that was E. Kane, Marchand, Nischukin and (the likely) 1st overall pick for Stamkos. I'm probably not going to do the deal, but he does have Towes and Seguin on his team. If I was to target one of those players, how much more should I be asking for to let go of Stamkos?

Also on a minor note, do you think Sproul will see any game time this year with all the injuries that Detroit are taking down back?

Thanks for your guides by the way. Wouldn't be up near the lead if I didn't have these resources
    30 Team, 27 Player Capped Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - Couture, Stamkos, Neal, M. Koivu, Thornton, Schwartz, Desharnais, Da Costa, Knight, Galchenyuk, T. Wilson, Arcobello (Sgarbossa, Trocheck, Marcus Granlund, Sarault, Anders Lee)

D - Hedman, Boyle, Goligoski, Faulk, Connauton, Sproul (Irwin)

G - Varlamov (Allen)
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

I...am your father.

Originally posted by avobar10 View Post

Thanks! I feel good about the deal as well. Any other advice as to what I could do to improve my squad? I know I am weak at center and Defense. 16 team league so the free agent pool is pretty weak. Any and all possible trade advice would be welcomed. Thanks again. Here is my team:

C - Bergeron
    C - Johansson (LW)
    LW - Sedin
    LW - Neal (RW)
    RW - Perry
    RW - Wheeler
    D - Burns (RW)
    D - Enstrom
    D - Streit
    D - (Empty)
    Util - Sharp (C,LW)
    Util - Pacioretty (LW)
    BN - Stewart (RW)
    BN - Perrault (C)
    BN - Killorn (C,LW)
    BN - Cammalleri (C,LW)
    BN - Bjugstad (C)
    IR - Silfverberg (LW,RW)
    G - Crawford
    G - F. Andersen
    BN - Raanta
    IR - Rinne

Stats are: G,A,+/-, PIM. PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    1 year non-keeper league
    Trade Sharp for a defenseman, drop Perreault and look on the wire. Off the top of my head

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Twiggy View Post
    G'day Dobber,

With my team in signature, I'm sitting 2nd by a couple of points, way above where I expected to be running. With Stammer down for most of the season, I've had a bunch of offers come through (Most rubbish as you'd assume). I had one come in that was E. Kane, Marchand, Nischukin and (the likely) 1st overall pick for Stamkos. I'm probably not going to do the deal, but he does have Towes and Seguin on his team. If I was to target one of those players, how much more should I be asking for to let go of Stamkos?

Also on a minor note, do you think Sproul will see any game time this year with all the injuries that Detroit are taking down back?

Thanks for your guides by the way. Wouldn't be up near the lead if I didn't have these resources
    Hey Twiggy, thanks

I would do that deal if he replaced Kane with Seguin. But I would start my negotiations with subbing Marchand for him and then fall back to the Kane thing.

Sproul - no, I don't see it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Curious on your thoughts on a recent trade proposal to me. It's not for the league in my sig btw.

20 Team Full Keeper League. No salary cap involved.

We start 19 Skaters (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G) daily

Our league rewards points for the following cats:

FOW - Face Off Wins
    A - Assists
    G - Goals
    +/-
    GWG - Game Winning Goals
    PPP - Power Play Points
    SHP - Short handed Points
    SOG - Shots On Goal

S - Saves
    SPct - Save %
    W - Wins
    GAA - Goals Against Average

My current goalies on my roster is Loungo, Fasth and Talbot. I have been trying to acquire another starter but having a hell of a time. No one wants to trade one.

Today I was offered Cam Ward for Zach Parise. I have countered with Thomas Vanek and Anthony Mantha for Ward.

My question. Is Ward for Parise a deal you would even consider and what do you think of my counter?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Dobber, I got another question if you have the time.
    I'm curious to see how you would rank the top 10 fantasy defenceman (points only) now and in 5 years. I have Pietrangelo and I wonder if the hype will ever come to fruition and he will be a top notch scoring defenceman (especially in St. Louis with the D first mentality). Is he even close to the Karlsson (obviously he's one of a kind haha), Subban, and Letang type players?
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov