Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

Banned

Default Re: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

awesome. Thanks Dobber. Ill stay pat for now. trade deadline is next week, so we can tweak as needed. Other than that, HOW CAN SOMEONE LOSE with this kind of roster is beyond me!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Goalie trade situation. One year pool. Tight Race. --- Details: Win: 2, S/O: +3. Currently have Brodeur as my number 2. can trade him if need be. Trade deadline problems. Patiance is key. But whom should I be looking at - Here are the choices: Bernier, Ward, Pavelec, Kuemper, Stallock, Scrivens. or of course, wait on Brodeur

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have mikko koivu and filpulla on IR right now. I've picked up nyquist as a replacement for them, but now do not want to drop him when they come back. I'm debating dropping vrbata instead. This is a one year h2h league. Should I drop vrbata instead or do I drop nyquist? This league tracks face off wins so centres are valuable, so I need to keep koivu and filpulla.

Dobber Sports Sage

KHL threat aside can you give me a 4 year lay out for Kuznetsov production!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

You Rock Dob's

So scoring in my Dynasty Leauge is in signature...

My D is my weakest link (I feel) and im in a 3 way tie for the last playoff spot. Should i make a move to upgrade another D slot or stand pat and use my last few moves to cycle players and also hope some take a step forward next season? (Barberio, Diaz, Orlov etc...)

D - Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 3.5M$ (A)
    D - Keith Yandle - 5.25M$
    D - Dion Phaneuf - 5.5M$
    D - Raphael Diaz - 1.25M$
    D - Ryan Murray - .925M$

B - Mark Barberio - .6M$

FARM :

D - Brenden Dillon - .9M$
    D - T.J. Brodie - 1.75M$
    D - Brendan Smith - 1.25M$
    D - Dmitri Orlov - .740M$
    D - Adam Larsson -.925M$
    D - Ryan Stanton - .550M$
    D - Philip Larsen - 1.15M$
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hey Dobber thanks for doing this firstly!

I am in a keeper league (12 teams, 24 players, 12 keepers per year)
    Stats are G/A/+ -/ppp/sog/gwg/pims/hits

I'm in a dogfight for top spot and just lost Johnny T....exploring trade options and sitting on these 2:

1. E. Karlsson/A.Semin and a 1st pick (which is lining up to be 1st overall next season) for J Tavares/J Williams/5th

2. Stamkos/Fowler/10th for Tavares/Nash/J Williams/4th

I'm not planning to keep Nash, Williams or Fowler so as far as long term goes they aren't in the picture. Getting Stamkos is very tempting....however for this season and the quest for 1st place I feel like option 1 helps me more.

My thoughts are this, Tavares is top 3-5 fwd but in a crappy situation on the Isles under Snow which won't change anytime soon. Karlsson is the undisputed top D currently which carries some weight even if JT is the better player overall, but Stamkos scores a lot of goals which are harder to come by than assists and I think he's the best player available out of all 3 especially considering he's decent in the hits category and on a better team with better management.
    I tend to prefer a stronger team long term than short term gains so leaning towards Stammer.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey Dobber, thanks for doing this. Team and league in signature.

How would you project Skinner for the next 2 years (for points)?

Also, 13 keepers are in my signature, but we keep 14. Would you pick up Schefeile and keep him as my 14th, or keep bergeron, jack johnson, or perron? I have a team that is the favourite to win this year and the next few years, so that's something to factor in.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Also, forgot to ask:

Would you trade MSL for D. Sedin in my league? I need a LW (raymond was just a temporary fill-in and is getting dropped when Stamkos returns), and figured going forward Sedin's numbers should improve a bit with henrik back. But I am in contention (in 1st place despite not having stamkos all year) so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by making this swap.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi Dobber, thanks for taking questions.

Having trouble choosing my ten keepers in league listed below.

My definite keepers are: (7/10)
    lundqvist, niemi, datsyuk, kane, st. louis, gaborik, pietrangelo

My bubble players, which I need to pick 3 of, are:
    gudas, callahan, kreider, burns, moulson, (nyquist/johnson)

I'm almost certain gudas will occupy a keeper spot. If I am unable to make a trade to upgrade a keeper, which two out of the bubble players would you say would make my keeper list? No farm team, to keep youth (kredier/nyquist/johnson) or not? Any other comments/observations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Let 'er rip, guys and gals

I'll chip away at them throughout today and tomorrow as I add the missing (Nov-Feb) posts

Hey Dobber,

Glad to see the forums up and running. Thanks for doing this. It's always a help. I've got a 1 year Yahoo league. Teams been struggling all year with injuries (Malkin, Neal, Kesler, Rinne) and I'm left a hefty way out of 1st, but within reach of 2nd with a healthy, and strong finish.

Looking at the roster below, anywhere you see that particularly should be my focus on improving for a push to 1st? Any players you are buying-low/gambling on for a major stretch run surge? Poking around at the Sedins/Gaborik today but price is too high still for the risk involved.

Are Yandle/Vrbata worthy sell candidates in your mind, due to their tough ROS?
    [SIZE="2"]Yahoo 10 Team Standard League
    G-3 Assists A-2 (+/-)-1 PIM-0.5 PPP-1 SOG-0.4
    W-4 GA-1 SV-0.2 SHO-3

[I]C-Malkin, Thornton, Plekanec, Bonino LW-Neal, Ryan, Pacioretty, Tlusty, RW-Backes, Vrbata, Wheeler, Smith
    D-Yandle, Pietrangelo, Sekera, Maata G-Niemi, Luongo BN-T. Johnson, M. Michalek, Trouba, C. Johnson, J. Zatkoff INJ - Zucarello

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd love to hear your projections going forward for Ryan Johansen. Also, he is a RFA at seasons end; what kind of money do you think he gets from CBJ? He came in to this season rated fairly low but always had that "upside" tag because of his high draft placement. This year he seems to have finally found his groove.

I own him in one of my leagues and have thankfully managed to hang onto him the past couple seasons and now being rewarded for my patience. No surprise but I am always getting trade requests for him.

Thanks for the thoughts and doing this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Hi Dobber.

Thanks for doing this.

Curious as to your three-year point progressions for Jacob Trouba, OEL, and Justin Schultz.

Also, if you have time, do you prefer keeping Granlund or Scheifele in a points-only keeper.

Dobber Sports Star

I just made a thread for this (and you answered me a few months ago, but a lot has changed) - which 5 would you be looking to keep for team 1 in my sig?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean26 View Post
    Goalie trade situation. One year pool. Tight Race. --- Details: Win: 2, S/O: +3. Currently have Brodeur as my number 2. can trade him if need be. Trade deadline problems. Patiance is key. But whom should I be looking at - Here are the choices: Bernier, Ward, Pavelec, Kuemper, Stallock, Scrivens. or of course, wait on Brodeur
    I'm pretty sure I would take any of those goalies over Brodeur. Schneider is taking over that job. My choice would be Bernier, then Pavelec, then Scrivens

Welcome to the boards. I had to approve your first post, but you should be okay now. I'll delete your second post on this
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a goal heavy points league with some pim points and extra pp points who do you like better Scheifele or Granlund? Scheifele does seem more safe, but does Granlund have that superstar level and can he hit it ( he sure seems to be shooting more.)