Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

I...am your father.

Default Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

Let 'er rip, guys and gals

I'll chip away at them throughout today and tomorrow as I add the missing (Nov-Feb) posts

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

What does your four year point progression look like for Barkov?

Assuming Niskanen stays in Pit, would you say he's a +/- 45 point d going forward?

Thanks for doing this.
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Giant

What do you feel are the realistic upsides of Bowie Horvat and Curtis Lazar, respectively? Also, how long until they are NHL regulars?

Same question(s) for Ristolainen and Derrick Pouliot.

How do you see Tlusty's situation unfolding the next 2-3 seasons?

Thanks.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for doing this. I posted this earlier today on the Forwards board and didn't get any repsonses so I'd love your opinion.

I'm in a points only 30 team dynasty league and trying to hold onto a top 3 position ( playoffs don't matter ).

Sheahan is my last counting forward ( no LW, RW,C positions ), we count 9, and I'm wondering if I should try to trade him to try to gain more points to finish the season. I don't care so much beyond this season although I don't like the prospects of trading him for a 35+ player if I don't have to, but I'm about winning this year and plan on a total rebuild next season.

He has 6pts in the last 10 gms and seems to have established his position on the Jurco, Tatar line for the rest of the season seeing some 2nd PP time.

Options would be to try to trade him for someone like Brunner, Gionta, Hemsky. It would have to be Sheahan+ to acquire any of those players.

Soooo are any of those guys enough of an upgrade?

What do you see Sheahan becoming going forward- nothing but a 3rd liner with upside or possibly a 2nd liner in a season or two from now.

Thanks for the help.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

What the **** is up with Niemi...

I traded Luongo to acquire him cause I am in a madhunt for first and he hardly plays.

I know Stalock's contract situation but it is very frustrating.

So what do I do, trade Niemi for just about any goalie? Or keep him and hope for the best?

League/team in signature.

Second point. What weakness do you see in my team that I need to address to make it for a win. I am currently in 5th place, 16 pts out of 1st.

we start 4c, 4 lw, 4 rw, 6d, 2 g every day. And I love the idea of 5 d and 4 g, cause an occasional win by a goalie should yield more points than a 30 pt dman...

Appreciate the thoughts

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    What does your four year point progression look like for Barkov?

Assuming Niskanen stays in Pit, would you say he's a +/- 45 point d going forward?

Thanks for doing this.
    Barkov, the injury worries me. It's only one, but he's so young.
    75 GP, 48 Pts
    72 GP, 45 Pts
    77 GP, 61 Pts
    75 GP, 63 Pts

I'm assuming he stays relatively healthy and that the team around him does improve.

Niskanen - No. He gets hurt a lot and this is a contract year.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    What do you feel are the realistic upsides of Bowie Horvat and Curtis Lazar, respectively? Also, how long until they are NHL regulars?

Same question(s) for Ristolainen and Derrick Pouliot.

How do you see Tlusty's situation unfolding the next 2-3 seasons?

Thanks.
    Tlusty I'd treat like a 45-point player with 70-point upside, and would be prepared to be extremely disappointed. I would add him if the price was cheap (or free) in a keeper, but would pin zero hopes on him.

Risto will probably be a 35 or maybe 40-point defensive stalwart and he'll make the team next year. Pouliot will get cups of coffee next year, but sky is the limit on upside. Think Kris Letang without hopefully the injuries.

I still liken Horvat's potential to Kesler. Just mimic expectations to what Kesler did his first four years.

Bowey I don't know a lot about, as I haven't yet begun research for this year's Prospects Report. But I would imagine in Washington the wait time will be several years. Here is more on Bowey: http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...-madison-bowey

I'm pretty high on Lazar, but give him at least two more full years before making the jump, likely three. More on Lazar here: http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...2-curtis-lazar

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Thanks for doing this. I posted this earlier today on the Forwards board and didn't get any repsonses so I'd love your opinion.

I'm in a points only 30 team dynasty league and trying to hold onto a top 3 position ( playoffs don't matter ).

Sheahan is my last counting forward ( no LW, RW,C positions ), we count 9, and I'm wondering if I should try to trade him to try to gain more points to finish the season. I don't care so much beyond this season although I don't like the prospects of trading him for a 35+ player if I don't have to, but I'm about winning this year and plan on a total rebuild next season.

He has 6pts in the last 10 gms and seems to have established his position on the Jurco, Tatar line for the rest of the season seeing some 2nd PP time.

Options would be to try to trade him for someone like Brunner, Gionta, Hemsky. It would have to be Sheahan+ to acquire any of those players.

Soooo are any of those guys enough of an upgrade?

What do you see Sheahan becoming going forward- nothing but a 3rd liner with upside or possibly a 2nd liner in a season or two from now.

Thanks for the help.
    As good as Sheahan is doing right now, I liken him to nothing more than another Abdelkader. And I would trade him for Hemsky...but not the other two since Gionta/Brunner would just be going sideways. Though Brunner has the most upside of the three. Our Detroit scout has been very thorough keeping tabs on Sheahan and other DET prospects here: http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...-riley-sheahan

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    What the **** is up with Niemi...

I traded Luongo to acquire him cause I am in a madhunt for first and he hardly plays.

I know Stalock's contract situation but it is very frustrating.

So what do I do, trade Niemi for just about any goalie? Or keep him and hope for the best?

League/team in signature.

Second point. What weakness do you see in my team that I need to address to make it for a win. I am currently in 5th place, 16 pts out of 1st.

we start 4c, 4 lw, 4 rw, 6d, 2 g every day. And I love the idea of 5 d and 4 g, cause an occasional win by a goalie should yield more points than a 30 pt dman...

Appreciate the thoughts
    Tight race! Do you have max GP limits? Because if you do I would just trade Niemi for a stud forward and roll with three Gs. Because I think Holtby will be fine now. Looks like lots of nights off for Niemi, more than he's used to.

Moulson is a weakness and he'll be overrated because of the fact that he'll be traded. But a trade won't help him any, unless it's to PIT or something crazy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

TY for this Dobber,
    in a dinasty league that allow 1 A, 1G, 0,1SOG, 0,2±, 0,2PIM I'm not a countender this year and would want to upgrade for next year and behond. In this list of forward, who would you trade for upgrade at forward and who would you keep considering they could get me some nice production in the futur. Its a realy deep league (24 team *10 forward per team with farm) so it could change your answer.

Versteeg
    Fleishman
    J.Staal
    Grabovski
    M.Foligno
    Huberdeau
    Stepan
    Grigorenko

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtop View Post
    TY for this Dobber,
    in a dinasty league that allow 1 A, 1G, 0,1SOG, 0,2±, 0,2PIM I'm not a countender this year and would want to upgrade for next year and behond. In this list of forward, who would you trade for upgrade at forward and who would you keep considering they could get me some nice production in the futur. Its a realy deep league (24 team *10 forward per team with farm) so it could change your answer.

Versteeg
    Fleishman
    J.Staal
    Grabovski
    M.Foligno
    Huberdeau
    Stepan
    Grigorenko
    I wouldn't trade Huberdeau, Stepan or Grigorenko. I think Fleischmann will bounce back, too

Administrator

For the rest of the season, who would you prefer between Voynov and Maatta?

Same question for goalies this time, between Thomas and Stalock.

Thanks!
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Tight race! Do you have max GP limits? Because if you do I would just trade Niemi for a stud forward and roll with three Gs. Because I think Holtby will be fine now. Looks like lots of nights off for Niemi, more than he's used to.

Moulson is a weakness and he'll be overrated because of the fact that he'll be traded. But a trade won't help him any, unless it's to PIT or something crazy.
    no GP limit. Would you still trade Niemi for a forward?

I just picked up moulson for clowe due to that exact factor (trade) The other option I had was Ennis

Tight indeed, and if you saw the other teams, I think there are only 3 real contenders. Truthfully I would think my team is super good on paper, but reality shows otherwise...

Thanks for the reply.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    For the rest of the season, who would you prefer between Voynov and Maatta?

Same question for goalies this time, between Thomas and Stalock.

Thanks!
    I would rather Maatta, esp w Letang/Martin out

and I would rather Thomas for the guaranteed starts

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    no GP limit. Would you still trade Niemi for a forward?

I just picked up moulson for clowe due to that exact factor (trade) The other option I had was Ennis

Tight indeed, and if you saw the other teams, I think there are only 3 real contenders. Truthfully I would think my team is super good on paper, but reality shows otherwise...

Thanks for the reply.
    I would hold Niemi then. You have enough to stream most of the days even if he only starts 66% of the games