Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Dobber's Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - Feb.27

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    In a points and PIM league you have to keep Kreider. Have to. He's a top 20 forward in multi-cat leagues already. After that I would keep Nyquist because he's a winger (if you need to keep a C, then Scheifele (going by your sig)

Thanks for the reply! (forums look and operate great btw!)

you are saying I should keep kreider ahead of callahan/burns? and nyquist ahead of callahan/burns/moulson? (no forward positional requirements/limitations)
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks dobber!

You missed the second half of my question, hopefully you can chime in on it:

"Also, 13 keepers are in my signature, but we keep 14. Would you pick up Schefeile and keep him as my 14th, or keep bergeron, jack johnson, or perron?"

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a thread I was reading you said that you were "sure" on trouba. Are their any other youngsters you are sure on?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    Thanks for the reply! (forums look and operate great btw!)

you are saying I should keep kreider ahead of callahan/burns? and nyquist ahead of callahan/burns/moulson? (no forward positional requirements/limitations)
    Yep, that's what I"m saying. (and after I said it, Nyquist goes out and makes me look good again )
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Thanks dobber!

You missed the second half of my question, hopefully you can chime in on it:

"Also, 13 keepers are in my signature, but we keep 14. Would you pick up Schefeile and keep him as my 14th, or keep bergeron, jack johnson, or perron?"
    Scheifele is the way to go

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    In a thread I was reading you said that you were "sure" on trouba. Are their any other youngsters you are sure on?
    Nyquist, Scheifele, Maatta...not many. I'd have to think on it and gather a list, but wouldn't be more than five or 10. And Maatta is 'sure' to get 40+...so 'sure thing' doesn't necessarily mean 100-point guy. I'm 'sure' that Trouba will get 55 one day.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thanks, welcome back
    If there are any takers for Vrbata, then do it. I'd dress Trouba over Maatta. I would look into trading Smith, Bonino and Plekanec. I would trade Niemi for another goalie in the Top 10 because Stalock is getting more starts (contract reasons)
    Thanks Dobber. Appreciate it. Was able to fire off Vrbata&Smith to a RW weak GM for Oshie&Schwartz. Heavy on Blues players now but I'm very happy with the return.

With the Sharks back at full health would you consider acquiring Stalock (if the price is within reason) a better strategy than trading Niemi for say.. Lehtonen/Mason? Or is it not worth paying assets for the handcuff?
    [SIZE="2"]Yahoo 10 Team Standard League
    G-3 Assists A-2 (+/-)-1 PIM-0.5 PPP-1 SOG-0.4
    W-4 GA-1 SV-0.2 SHO-3

[I]C-Malkin, Thornton, Plekanec, Bonino LW-Neal, Ryan, Pacioretty, Tlusty, RW-Backes, Vrbata, Wheeler, Smith
    D-Yandle, Pietrangelo, Sekera, Maata G-Niemi, Luongo BN-T. Johnson, M. Michalek, Trouba, C. Johnson, J. Zatkoff INJ - Zucarello

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ReservedParking View Post
    Thanks Dobber. Appreciate it. Was able to fire off Vrbata&Smith to a RW weak GM for Oshie&Schwartz. Heavy on Blues players now but I'm very happy with the return.

With the Sharks back at full health would you consider acquiring Stalock (if the price is within reason) a better strategy than trading Niemi for say.. Lehtonen/Mason? Or is it not worth paying assets for the handcuff?
    If you can get Stalock cheap, then do that.