Thread: Apology

I...am your father.

Default Apology

I apologize to everyone inconvenienced by the forum upgrade. As more bugs get fixed, the login issues gets solved and we get used to the format, things are a lot smoother now. I'm happier with the forum, though still some issues to go.

To track the fixes and bugs (and what's still left), click here.

To learn how to edit your signature, click here.

To learn how to fix other things related to navigation, click here.

To login or get access to the forum that you lost or never had, refer to the instructions via the notices above. If you dismissed them without reading them, then I guess email me and I'll tell you the next step.

The forum upgrade was necessary because the old version was outdated and it was partially responsible for all of the sites crashing for 12 hours on October 2. I would never have done this if it were not critical. But sorry for the headache - especially to those of you who had to logoff and clear your cookies a bunch of times before it finally worked. You didn't need that, I know.

To in some way make it up to you I've been extra active in the forum and I'm opening a Q&A thread.

Thanks! And hang in there, we're almost through this.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Apology

I think most people understand. Gonna be messy for a bit and im sure you'll feel a substantial traffic hit, but the old forum was out of date and the site will come out better on the other side. I definitely appreciate seeing an active dobber in the forums too - you'll have to try and keep that as a permanent site upgrade...

Dobber Sports Ninja

You should put this (along with your Q&A thread) in the lounge or the general hockey forum (if hockey related).

I suspect many people (including myself) rarely scroll this far down the forum list so these threads won't get much visibility. Angus realized this a while back and even he started posting his mailbox in the general forum. Heck, the only reason I even saw this was because it happened to be one of the latest threads started from the right hand tab on the home page.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like the new forum.
    I think (long-run), it is a much better format, nicer GUI, just a better overall experience.
    As long as you are not smug that it is a perfect system (rep, ) at the current time, you have my support.
    Thumbs up on the bold, needed, move.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The feel I get right now, compared to the earlier version, is that it's more cluttered. Are there design elements you can cut out that aren't necessary or not very intuitive? The comments is one thing that just sticks out like a sore thumb. Illogical and uninutitive in a linear forum design.
    GO WINGS!