Thread: Offer for Hedman

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Offer for Hedman

So I have been offered a package deal from a guy in our pool who wants Hedman. Here is a quick breakdown of our pool. Full keeper pool that is very deep, 1 point for a G and 1 for an assist, 2 points for a starting goalie win and 1 point for a back up goalie win. We dress 5 dmen and 2 goalies each week (one starter and one back up). Right now my top 5 dmen would be Weber, Chara, Hedman, Carlson, Postma and my 2 goalies are Varlamov and Ward.

So I have been offered a package of
    His: Mike Green, Bobrovski, and Labarbora

For

My: Hedman, Ward, and Montoya

This does improve my goaltending although based on this yrs points varlamov would still be my starter but I think it is a big loss on defense going from Hedman to Green. My initial thought is to say no but I thought I would ask all of you. Thoughts? One thing I was thinking was replace Hedman with Carlson?

Default Re: Offer for Hedman

Based on your league I am slightly edging to say no. Hedman looks like he is finally breaking out and while Bobrovsky is a upgrade over Ward for you, the 1 Point for your backup goalie kills the upgrade you would have gotten.

Thanks for the opinion. Ur thinking along the same line as me. What do u think about putting Carlson in place of Hedman as a counter?

You can try, but I have a feeling if the GM approached you explicitly to grab Hedman he might not take Carlson as Green has a slight edge over him in terms of points (Green 30pts - Carlson 23 pts) and he is giving up a better goalie in Bobo Vs Ward.

But you never know its not a unfair deal.

Any other thoughts? Thanks guys.