Thread: Ryan Mcdonagh expectations

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ryan Mcdonagh expectations

Hey guys,
    My team could use an extra Dman and I was offered Mcdonagh for Kreider. Is Mcdonaghs ceiling 40 pts?
    Thx for any help
    10 team dynasty. 16 F, 9 D, 2 G and 24 minors Stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, F, HT with W and SO for goalies

My Team.
    Forwards - Dvorak, Debrincat, Kase, Roslovic, Labanc, Cerelli, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Bertuzzi, , Thomas , Bratt, and Fiala.
    Defense - Dunn, Morrissey, E. Gustafsson, Hronek, Theodore and Dumba.
    Goalies - Blackwood and Saros
    Minors - Bemstrom, J. Hughes, Kyrou, Caufield, Krebs, Necas, Newhook, Gusev, Steel, Zegras, Jost, Kaprisov, Terry, Ty smith, Niku, and P-O Joseph.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ryan Mcdonagh expectations

I don't see that being a bad trade at all. Remember, defensemen take a little longer to develop. I can see McDonagh's ceiling being 40 points. He's definitely someone I would consider for a dynasty league or keeper league if I'm weak at defense. He reminds me of a poor-man's Shattenkirk.

Dobber Sports Titan

I try and have a strong D core over a deep forward group, so i would take this deal after trying to twist his arm for draft picks maybe
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

What are your cats? In multi-cat with hits and blocked shots, McDonagh is a STUD. With the new coach, and now being put in situtations where he can succeed offensively as well (top PP time finally), coupled with no more MDZ, I see his ceiling as being higher than 40 points. I think we'll see McDonagh score at a .5 pts/gm pace moving forward, with him in the low to mid 40's and a year or two where he flirts with 50. He's got top-notch skills a nd a very high IQ, I've been a believer in McDonagh for a long time, I would take this trade.

Keep in mind, McD is having a great season while pretty much all the rest of the Rangers are sucking ass. The team is offensively challenged, and McD is still getting his.......if they can improve their scoring in the coming years, that should only help McD's point totals.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Novice

My league is largely based on points. 2 for a goal. 1 for assist. 1 for a +, extra point if its a ppp and big points for gwg's and ht's. No PM's, hits, or shots blocked. This brings down mcdonaghs value but also brings down kreiders va
    10 team dynasty. 16 F, 9 D, 2 G and 24 minors Stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, F, HT with W and SO for goalies

My Team.
    Forwards - Dvorak, Debrincat, Kase, Roslovic, Labanc, Cerelli, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Bertuzzi, , Thomas , Bratt, and Fiala.
    Defense - Dunn, Morrissey, E. Gustafsson, Hronek, Theodore and Dumba.
    Goalies - Blackwood and Saros
    Minors - Bemstrom, J. Hughes, Kyrou, Caufield, Krebs, Necas, Newhook, Gusev, Steel, Zegras, Jost, Kaprisov, Terry, Ty smith, Niku, and P-O Joseph.

Dobber Sports Wizard

McDonagh's ceiling is definitely higher than 40 points. He's already on pace for 41 this year. Remember this is the first year that he's gotten steady PP time and only his 4th (3rd full) NHL season. He's got the tools and the opportunity to be a steady 40-50 point player for many years.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.