Thread: Shane Prince- Buyer beware

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Shane Prince- Buyer beware

Rumor ( and I repeat rumor ) out of Ottawa is that Shane Prince has asked for a trade. Russ Bitely ( scout for Hockeyprospect.com ) tweeted the folowing-

" Russ Bitely @russbites
    As trade deadline nears, hearing rumblings Ottawa prospect Shane Prince is considering serious offer from KHL if not traded. #Sens"

He has been a healthy scratch a few times for Binghampton this season and the Ottawa draft pick #61 overall in 2011 has 34 pts in 47 gms.

Former Wash. and Leaf front office ass. manager is not a fan of Prince calling him a "0ne-dimentional" player and says the Sens should jump on a chance to trade him.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Shane Prince- Buyer beware

I am not sure how anyone who has done absolutely nothing at the NHL level can demand anything. He is still under contract this year and next year with Ottawa. If he is not happy with his role, I can't see why he can't ask for a trade but if the organization doesn't want to trade him they won't. Players don't get scratched because they are playing "too good" so like most stories, there's three sides to every one. His side, their side and the truth.

Either way, it will be an interesting story to follow if you own him as a prospect.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Exactly. As Simpson said, how does a 2nd year pro who has basically done nothing yet think he can or should ask for a trade. I would be wary of owning him.

Some think with the Tim Murray connection to Ottawa, combined with the fact that Prince is from Rochester, NY, that perhaps a trade to Buffalo might happen. Sceptics think Prince is not a Ted Nolan "type of player", but if they could swing a deal for either Ott or Moulson with Prince part of the deal going the other way I think Brian Murray would jump at it. No team wants malcontents in their system especially when this type of thing leaks out. It's bad for business.

Tim Murray should know Prince better than anyone since he was part of the team that drafted Prince in Ottawa so this will be interesting to follow.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not sure how anyone who has done absolutely nothing at the NHL level can demand anything. He is still under contract this year and next year with Ottawa. If he is not happy with his role, I can't see why he can't ask for a trade but if the organization doesn't want to trade him they won't. Players don't get scratched because they are playing "too good" so like most stories, there's three sides to every one. His side, their side and the truth.

Either way, it will be an interesting story to follow if you own him as a prospect.
    I'm not sure what you are referencing but there's not a story to why he was healthy scratched. He wasn't playing great, and Binghamton had too many bodies. They had guys playing ECHL who were easily AHL players...right now Pageau is playing third line some nights, and a 1st rounder in Puempel who was drafted over Prince plays third line and no PP time. Prince used the scratches well and has played really well. Like you said, that doesn't really earn him a shot when they have guys like Da Costa, Stone, Hoffman who are all better, older players who deserve a shot first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Exactly. As Simpson said, how does a 2nd year pro who has basically done nothing yet think he can or should ask for a trade. I would be wary of owning him.

Some think with the Tim Murray connection to Ottawa, combined with the fact that Prince is from Rochester, NY, that perhaps a trade to Buffalo might happen. Sceptics think Prince is not a Ted Nolan "type of player", but if they could swing a deal for either Ott or Moulson with Prince part of the deal going the other way I think Brian Murray would jump at it. No team wants malcontents in their system especially when this type of thing leaks out. It's bad for business.

Tim Murray should know Prince better than anyone since he was part of the team that drafted Prince in Ottawa so this will be interesting to follow.
    maybe this should be merged into one thread lol.

I don't think it would matter much what Nolan thinks of him since he would probably still play in the AHL if traded. Buffalo's affiliate is Rochester, Prince's hometown.

Either way this Russ guy is just a mouthpiece for Shane Prince for the most part. He was tweeted abotu him many times throughout the years