Thread: Complicated Tavares Trade Offers - Rep offered

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Complicated Tavares Trade Offers - Rep offered

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some detailed advice on my situation.

League Info:
    14 team league (approx. 7 teams are very well managed and 7 are not)
    5 keepers (high value on goalies, likely approx.21 kept)
    10 offensive cats: (goals, assists, PPP, +/-, Hits, Pims, FW, GWG,SHP,Shots)
    5 goalie stats (wins, total saves, Save %, GAA, SO)
    Roster 20: 3C, 6W, 4D, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR

I will finish in the top 2; automatically advancing me to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I have traded my 1st round pick for next year.

Current Roster
    3 centers: Zajac, Lecalvalier (C/W), Desharnais
    6 wingers: Taylor Hall (W), Ovechkin, Nick Foligno, Jamie Benn (C/W), Kesler (C/W), Ott, (C/W)
    4 defence: Kronwall, Bieksa, Green, Barrie, Elder, Carle
    2 goalies: Anderson, Varlamov, Lehner
    Bench/IR: Letang, Tavares, Filppula (C/W), Shaw (C)

Trade Discussions
    One team is thinking about bailing and is offering me all of their non keepers for Tavares (some high value players including Thomas, Dubinsky, Handzel, Brown, Sedin, Wishnewski, Vermette, etc.). I might also be able to get solid value for Varlamov as well; however, would only be able to get Thomas back for my 2nd goallie.

Another team is offering me Malkin for Tavares plus picks. Picks are not yet discussed. He has also proposed a goalie swap in giving me Luongo for Varlamov. His non keepers are Bozak, Plekanec, St. Louis, Brouwer, Ryan McDonagh, Mikko Koivu. Goaies are Schneider, Luongo and Lack.

Another team is offering me Subban plus something small for Tavares.

Please provide thoughts. Rep offered.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Complicated Tavares Trade Offers - Rep offered

I'm pretty sure this was asked in the forums by the other guy in the transaction, either way I'll say pretty much the same thing. I prefer Tavares but this is a good trade for you because it seems like you could win this year and Tavares obviously won't help that cause. I wouldn't add the goalies as a I don't see the upgrade from Varlamov to Luongo.

The 1st offer I don't really care for as you don't get a solid keeper back. The last offer for Subban is good but I would rather get Malkin (assuming the picks aren't huge on the Malkin offer). Try to see if you can get some of the non keepers included in the deal to help you win.
    [SIZE=1]
    Vancouver Millionaires
    12 team Dynasty - H2H

C: Bergeron, E. Staal, Bonino, Vermette, Neilsen, Horvat
    LW: Hall, E. Kane, Lucic, Sharp, Marleau
    RW: Nash, Ryan, Vrbata, Stafford, Frolik, Connolly
    D: Karlsson, Doughty, Hamonic, Seabrook, Ristolainen, Girardi, Ceci, C. Murphy
    G: Lundqvist, Luongo, Lehtonen, Niemi

Scoring Categories:
    G, A, Pts, PIMs, Shots, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways, FOW, TOI
    W, Sv%, Saves, GAA

2014-15 "The League" Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The offer involving Malkin looks the most appealing to me. Losing Tavares for the rest of the season is gonna hurt you bad at centre, but Malkin is an upgrade over Tavares. Means that you can insert a healthy Malkin into your roster right away, and make a hard push to win your league. At this point, I wouldn't be willing to deal Varlamov for Luongo/Schneider/Lack since Varlamov has been having a great season and the Canucks are trending down even with Luongo and Schneider.

The second offer isn't "bad", but I don't think that Subban + something small = Tavares. I would want more if I'm dealing Tavares.

The skaters mentioned in the first offer don't look good at all. Quantity doesn't translate into quality.

I'd try to get Malkin as long as the picks included from you aren't numerous.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, I remember answering something similar to this before. I like JT, but I also like the idea of targeting Malkin. Just be sure not to empty all of your draft picks to get Malkin.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Okay, so the main piece of this trade would be Tavares for Malkin. Next step is who else should I ask to be thrown in (his non keepers that can help me win) and what draft picks would be fair to trade back. I really want to make this a fair offer. As a reminder I have already given up my 1st pick and have an extra 4th one.

His players worth considering are:

Bozak
    Plekanek
    St. Louis
    Iginla
    Brouwer
    Brayden Schenn
    Ryan McDonagh
    Jordan Staal
    Mats Zuccarello
    Mikko Koivu

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/1421/4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

send him the extra 4th and see if he'll toss Iggy in....doubt he'll go for it but you can play the age card with Iggy
    12 Team Roto Keeper League, 12 Keepers (one farm spot two goalies), 26 player rosters
    G A +/- PPP PIM HIT SOG GWG
    W GAA SA% SO SV

C: C.McDavid, T.Seguin, S. Bennett, V. Rask, R. Rakell
    LW: Voracek, J. Benn, E. Kane, T. Brouwer, T. Wilson, A. Lee
    RW:
    N. Mackinnon, , Kessel, R. Strome, J. Hudler, J. Bailey
    D: D. Byfuglien, Weber, V. Hedman, D. Phaneuf, R. Gudas, J. Spurgeon
    G: B.Bishop, P. Mrazek, A. Vailevskiy, Lou