Thread: Zetterberg's future (keeper leagues)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Zetterberg's future (keeper leagues)

Looking for thoughts on Zett's back issues long term. It has been a chronic issue for years now but, until this season, he has been very healthy with only 4 games missed the last 3 seasons. Will his surgery put him back on track or is there thinking this the beginning of many sub 60 game seasons. His production when playing has been great but can he stay healthy anymore being on the downside of his prime?

Next thread I will discuss Datsyuk's wonky knees.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Zetterberg's future (keeper leagues)

His production seems to be trending upwards while his health is going down. I don't know how to value him. I own him in one league and think he is one of those guys who's trade value will never equal his actual production value because of the 'he is almost done' feeling.

Dobber Sports Pro

I bet there are Zetterberg threads about 4-5 years ago wondering about his ailing back and if fantasy managers should bail on him. Yet after 3 very solid seasons we are wondering the same thing because of the recent back surgery. Does anybody know the nature of the surgical procedure Zetts just had done?

Dobber Sports Star

trade him if you can get good value. hes 34 and isnt getting any younger or healthier
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I bet there are Zetterberg threads about 4-5 years ago wondering about his ailing back and if fantasy managers should bail on him. Yet after 3 very solid seasons we are wondering the same thing because of the recent back surgery. Does anybody know the nature of the surgical procedure Zetts just had done?
    Very true lobo. I was one who bailed on Zetterberg as a keeper about 3 years ago. Scooped a slumping Ovechkin as part of a large deal. Even though Zetterberg hasn't missed much time and has been very productive over these past few years, I've been very happy with Ovechkin's production.

I'd bail on Zetterberg, but if you can wait until he plays again, because such as anything, he'll be productive when he returns.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

I think his value is simply based on the owners perception of him. I tried acquiring him in one of my keepers last month but the owner simply over-valued him in my eyes. A lot of fantasy teams have an issue acquring skaters over the age of 30 but I didnt have a problem acquiring a 34 year old skater as my team is in a "win now" situation. I just wasnt going to pay the premium for that 34 year old that was being asked.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."