Thread: 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. A few questions

Dobber Sports Monster

Default 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. A few questions

My nephews cousin is in his last year Bantam and is in AAA Rep. in like 20 games he has like 5 goals 3 assists. He is on the small side 5''5. Last year in House league he got 35 games 72 goals 38 assists. He is fast. Would WHL teams throw a pick at a guy who is in AAA Bantam rep and producing those numbers?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. A few questions

Honestly - 5'5" I doubt it, bantam kids are huge these days. He has to be very fast, would need to be scoring at least a ppg. Maybe a late rounder, but it may be better that he not get drafted then he can go to any camp in the future he gets an invitation to or wants to go to.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

Yeah this kid never started hockey until 9 years old (1st yr atom) and in his second year he made Atom Rep. Since then he has been making every rep team until last year he got cut due to his size and when he went to house that is when he put up 2 goals a game and in one tournament he scored 7 or 8 in one game. But in his second year Bantam he got accepted into a Prep school which is billed as AAA Rep.

Which is why I am excited for my nephew because there have been a number of good hockey players out of his family. My nephew is in his first year Atom and he is skilled like his cousin who is in AAA Rep but my neph has size to go with him. Just turned 9 and is 4''10 or 4''11 and can skate fast and has 5 years hockey experience

The AAA Rep kid has been doing better of late. last 4 games 3 goals 0 assists

Dobber Sports Prodigy

not enough production to warrant any kind of a look at all...just being honest..

Dobber Sports Pro

He needs to be producing a lot more at 5'5 to be considered for the WHL draft. Granted it isn't all about production and you have to see the player play to really have an idea but usually they would be putting up numbers.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky