Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Vaunted 2015 NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: The Vaunted 2015 NHL Draft

Originally posted by speersy View Post
    Its not the players Edmonton drafted.. They drafted players that would be excelling huge on any other team. The fact they got so many # 1's is a blessing and a curse. They now have a bunch of kids playing against men. Look at all the other successful number 1's and who they play with... MEN, guys with experience who work to their skills and help them become better players. Edmonton have a bunch of guys drafter number 1 who want themselves to be the next big #1 pick not their line mate.

People will disagree with me, but I think any one of those kids on a different team would be far more successful.
    I think that there's a lot of truth to this. I don't think they're doing a lot to bring each other along.

Edmonton might have been well-advised to have traded a couple those picks for more established players, but they probably would not have wanted to pay those players.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

Well who I want on my favorite NHL team is McDavid.. Players THIS good ARE worth the wait. It's not even that long.. I would probably rather have McDavid over all 3 of the others combined. If he pans out to be as good as the other highly touted first overalls not on Edmonton then you're looking at players like Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares ... I don't see the other 3 players in question ever remotely comparing to those 4 just mentioned.

Hey it's just my opinion, but I'll take the franchise calibre player over the other high end picks any day of the week.
    Thats a bold statement right there. I agree that McDavid is going to be a very good player, but lets not crown him just yet. He still has a lot to prove and isn't even close to a NHL career.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Well who I want on my favorite NHL team is McDavid.. Players THIS good ARE worth the wait. It's not even that long.. I would probably rather have McDavid over all 3 of the others combined. If he pans out to be as good as the other highly touted first overalls not on Edmonton then you're looking at players like Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares ... I don't see the other 3 players in question ever remotely comparing to those 4 just mentioned.

Hey it's just my opinion, but I'll take the franchise calibre player over the other high end picks any day of the week.
    You may want McDavid on your team but are you seriously recommending a team sewer a year and a half for him when anything can happen to stall his development crap out his career or even a lottery ball bounce the wrong way and you don't get him?

Nope, I'm not leaving that to chance. Give me something tangible now, please. You don't need to tank to be successful. If I'm crapping out for a year, either in fantasy or real life, I want it to be because of injury woes. My best guys go down, I just can't compete, oh well, spoiled season, I'll take that high draft pick. I'm trying to build a competitive roster until I see those injuries so to plan a full year and a half ahead of time to try and draft a kid. That's insane. This isn't the NBA where one franchise player can turn a whole team around. How's Tampa Bay doing with their one playoff appearance in five years of Stamkos? He's arguably the best first overall pick of the last five years and he can hardly drag his team to the playoffs. Fantasy hockey and NHL hockey are team games. No one player, with the exception of a hot goalie but good luck guessing who that's going to be, can win it all for you.

So you go ahead and tank the next two years. Enjoy McDavid, if you are lucky enough to get him. Maybe he is the best prospect to come through since Crosby - you've also sucked for two years - not sure how you justify that.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Originally posted by Axeman33 View Post

Thats a bold statement right there. I agree that McDavid is going to be a very good player, but lets not crown him just yet. He still has a lot to prove and isn't even close to a NHL career.
    Yeah. That's what I said about Crosby. And Tavares. I'll have two servings of humble pie. Thanks.