Thread: Looking to make a big push via trade.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Looking to make a big push via trade.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice heading in to my trade deadline and H2H playoffs. Looking at my roster I could really use some help on LW and possibly a center. I've made a lot of add/drops over the past month and have dropped a few guys I wish I still had, primarily Landeskog and Wheeler. I expect things to change very soon for both Smith and Palat as soon as Stammer and Eriksson come back full speed after the injuries. That will leave me extremely short on the wing. I can absorb the loss of Smith as I have plenty RW options. I've been hanging on to 1st since week 3 and have a great chance of a repeat this year.

My question is do I throw some trade offers using draft picks in order to bolster my lineup or stand pat? It's easy enough to do but instanly puts me at a disadvantage come our draft as we only keep a total of 40 players.

Edit: I should add there's very slim pickings on the WW so that's not really an option.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Looking to make a big push via trade.

Where are you sitting in your league rankings right now?
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stewpaloop View Post
    Where are you sitting in your league rankings right now?

Currently in 1st, that in itself isn't important. The way our league is set up we have 2 divisions and I'm way in front in my division so I'm almost guaranteed a bye in the 1st round. However, overall I'm 15 and 19 points ahead of 2nd and 3rd. Last season I crawled into the playoffs and ran away with it, I got hot at the right time. And my fear is that can happen to any team. As it is my only 2 losses have come against the 5th place team so he owns the tie breaker against me which blows.

Note: I just got Landeskog back giving up a 6th round pick. He's been red hot and I think there some value in this trade. Not a blockbuster but a solid depth move for what I gave up. Kills me to have to pay for someone I stupidly dropped during a slump.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Currently in 1st, that in itself isn't important. The way our league is set up we have 2 divisions and I'm way in front in my division so I'm almost guaranteed a bye in the 1st round. However, overall I'm 15 and 19 points ahead of 2nd and 3rd. Last season I crawled into the playoffs and ran away with it, I got hot at the right time. And my fear is that can happen to any team. As it is my only 2 losses have come against the 5th place team so he owns the tie breaker against me which blows.

Note: I just got Landeskog back giving up a 6th round pick. He's been red hot and I think there some value in this trade. Not a blockbuster but a solid depth move from what I gave up. Kills me to have to pay for someone I stupidly dropped during a slump.
    Unfortunately it happens. I think it was a good move getting him back for the remainder of the year.

I wouldn't give up much more then that considering you only keep four; You have a solid squad IMO.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess