Thread: Championship game - Cam or Cutler?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Championship game - Cam or Cutler?

I'm trying to figure out who to start for my championship matchup this week - Cam vs NO or Cutler @PHI?

Cam has obviously been the better QB, but NO is very stingy in giving points up to QB's. Divisional game too, so I'm seeing a low-scoring, grind-y kind of game. On the other side, CHI @ PHI should be a shootout and CHI is going to be very motivated to win the game so that they can make the playoffs.

Jay is riskier, but could be higher reward. Who you got?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Championship game - Cam or Cutler?

You're in a nice situation, first of all - congrats on making it to the finals - that's what it's all about

As for which QB? Both are quality, both can score TD's, but I go with Cutler - as you note this will be a high scoring affair - neither defense can stop the other. Newton is a force, but he has nothing to play for, honestly. With Chicago, you not only get the push to make the playoffs, but also Jay Cutler is an unrestricted free agent, if he can air it out to look good for his next big contract he's going to take every chance to do that. Cutler 80%/Newton 20% for me - but both are studs, let's not kid ourselves here

Dobber Sports Wizard

Cutler, unless the weather is bad. Go with Jay. For some reason, N.O. has Cam's number. Trust me, I know. I owned him for two years. This past game vs. them was one of his better ones and it still wasn't that great. Jay has two beasts whom he can throw the ball to. Now that I think of it, seeing as though I am in western PA, the weather for that Eagles game should be good. BE SURE TO DOUBLECHECK, THOUGH. As of now they're calling for 50F over the weekend. The gods may have a victory in your favor, considering the weather has been nothing but 15F, 20-30F and snow. Roll Cutler!!!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im in the exact same situation.. i feel like i should just start cam cause he's gotten me this far and he's the safer bet.. but i keep going back to the risk/reward factor with cutler.. Cutler makes more sense to me with the matchup and everything.. my opponent has Brees and Charles so those 2 you know will get some big points.. i need to offset that and go for it all. i just hope it doesnt make me look foolish at the end trying to overthink things..

also i have so many defense to choose from..

cleveland vs jets
    detroit vs giants
    st louis vs TB
    or buffalo or miami who are playing each other.. which D option do you guys like the best?
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Originally posted by Brosive View Post

also i have so many defense to choose from..

cleveland vs jets
    detroit vs giants
    st louis vs TB
    or buffalo or miami who are playing each other.. which D option do you guys like the best?
    I'm in the same boat deciding whether to start Cutler or Romo, just posted a thread about that...

Also same boat for Defense, I have CLE and DET on my roster. Buf, Mia, and Stl are all available but I like the other two more than them so I haven't picked any up.

Leaning DET over CLE becuase:
    1) They are home and have everything to play for
    2) NYG passing offense is terrible and just got worse losing Cruz
    3) NYG will not be able to run the ball vs DET, which is tough for them because their passing game is no better
    4) I'm a Jets fan in real life, and they will manage to let me down once again by putting up a nice game against Cleveland if I were to start them...

Good luck!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the advice, guys. I hate to finish the season without Cam, who got me to this point, but gotta roll the dice with Jay and a shootout tonight. Good luck to everyone!

NJDev, I'm starting DET tonight and hoping that Eli keeps up his giving ways.