Thread: Week 15 sit / start thread

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Week 15 sit / start thread

My week 15 rankings are up on the front page and I'm available all day today to answer your lineup questions. Fire away!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Week 15 sit / start thread

Who is Revis covering this weekend? Crabtree or Boldin? One is going to have a tough week and one is going to have a solid day. Who do you start between those two receivers?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Really tough question and impossible to know with certainty but my gut says he is on Crabtree most of the game. The only Niners' pass catcher I would be comfortable playing this week is Vernon Davis

Dobber Sports Superstar

Who would you start? 1 of the following. non-PPR, standard yahoo scoring.

Rainey vs 49ers
    Woodhead vs Broncos
    D. Thomas vs Patriots

I know the matchup is bad, but neither Woodhead or Thomas are going to give you the same workload that Bobby Rainey will. If it was PPR I'd say roll with Woodhead based on all the targets in the passing game he could get if it turns into a shootout tonight. I know you can run on New England, but I'm not going to make a prediction about how the split is going to go between Miller and Thomas in a playoff week. Thomas is the more likely of the two to get a touchdown, but still to risky for me.

In non-ppr, despite the bad matchup, if it was my team I'd go with Rainey.

Dobber Sports Superstar

What if Miller is out, as they are speculating due to possible concussion? Thomas becomes far more intriguing as a featured back there no? Or do they have a third option he would split with?

Regardless, it's Rainey or Miller, so that gives me more time to make the decision. Woodhead has been so back and forth, I'm happy not to have to rely on him.

Miller has been practicing all week so while it is possible he misses the game, I think it is more likely he plays. That doesn't mean it will affect Thomas' production, but it does mean he will lose some (half?) the carries to Miller. Rainey is a virtual lock for 15-20 touches at this point so I would still go that direction unless you get 100% confirmation that Miller is out. I currently have Rainey as my 20th ranked RB this week, Woodhead as my 28th, and Thomas as my 39th

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ok. I wasn't aware Miller has been practicing. My information might be a little dated. I did check out your ranks as well, but was a little unclear as to how much they might change in a non-ppr. I also knew Rainey was looking at the bulk of the carries, but was really unclear as to what Thomas might bring to the table. Thanks for your input and opinion.

In non-ppr Woodhead drops about 5 spots and Thomas moves up about 5. I don't think Rainey moves much, if at all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Who you starting this week? Rivers@Den Stafford vs Bal

Extremely close. I have Stafford at 5 and Rivers at 6. Go with your gut. Mine says Stafford.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Pricer. Who would you start this week at RB Vereen or Stacy, non PPR 1 point every 10 yds rush and receiving 6 points for a TD
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Superstar

What are your thoughts on Ogbonnaya against CHI? Chicago has been creating 100 yard rushers for the past few weeks now. Is he worth the play over Rainey.

Based on your projections, the answer if a big no, but just wanted your thoughts on this guy as well. McGahee is out I have read and Ogbonnaya should (I think?) be getting the bulk of the carries.

Originally posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Hey Pricer. Who would you start this week at RB Vereen or Stacy, non PPR 1 point every 10 yds rush and receiving 6 points for a TD
    Vereen and not close. He needs to be in every lineup regardless of format

What are your thoughts on Ogbonnaya against CHI? Chicago has been creating 100 yard rushers for the past few weeks now. Is he worth the play over Rainey.

Based on your projections, the answer if a big no, but just wanted your thoughts on this guy as well. McGahee is out I have read and Ogbonnaya should (I think?) be getting the bulk of the carries.
    I agree with you 100% that the matchup is fantastic for Ogbonnaya (or as I like to call him "Silent G",) but I personally would not play him over Rainey. Silent G has had some fumbling issues as of late and the coaching staff seem to have no problem pulling him for Fozzy Whittaker. The matchup is there but for me there is too much risk involved when I have clarity that Rainey will receive 15-20 touches. I can't say the same with as much certainty for Silent G.

I guess it really depends on whether or not you think you are a favorite. Rainey is the safer option because of the workload but if the game script falls right I would not be surprised to see something like 120 total yards (4-5 receptions) for Ogbonnaya. Keep in mind though that if he fumbles he could be done for the day whereas I don't think that is the case with Rainey.