Thread: Need to make a drop

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Need to make a drop

In a PPR league, I need to drop someone to activate Vereen from IR. After trying unsuccessfully for the last few weeks to make a 2 for 1 trade, our trade deadline has passed.

Here is my Team:

QB: Rivers, Ryan
    WR: Allen, KWright, Cooper, TWilliams, Dobson
    RB: Bush, ABrown, Bernard, Spiller, Vereen (IR)
    TE: Reed
    K: Novak
    DST: Carolina

Starters are QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DST

So I need to make a drop to activate Vereen, and I am also considering picking up DWalker incase Reed isn't cleared to play this weekend, so who are my 1, 2 to drop? I am thinking Williams and Dobson, but not sure in which order? I'd hate to drop Spiller, but there still hope of him producing? Finally, I hate the fact that I am carrying 2 QBs, but wasn't able to move one and now figure I swap which one plays based on the matchup, hate to give one away, with 1 point per pass completion Ryan is still not really droppable imo. Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Need to make a drop

So here is what I've done so far. I dropped Matt Ryan to activate Vereen. Ryan plays Thursday, so that will take him out of contention this week, and after the bye weeks, not sure he'll make the starter position for anyone in our 12 team league. I really don't want to rely on starting Rivers versus KC this week though, so I am keeping an eye on Keenum (just dropped), and McCown. I then dropped both TWilliams and Dobson and picked up DWalker and Boykin. With Austin coming back, I am thinking that muddies the water a little for Williams and with Dobson, I felt Boykin has been better and more consistent. Walker I wanted as insurance incase Reed can't go, but am worried with Washington playing the Monday nighter, I may not know anything in time anyway! So Keenum comes off waivers Friday night, so between now and then, I need to decide if I hold tight and just punt with Rivers, or go after Keenum for this week and figure out who I should drop. Thanks for any insight.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am in a bind now, not looking good for Reed to go on Monday, so I'll likely need to play Walker. Do I just stick with playing Rivers, or drop someone to pick up Keenum? Who do I drop though?

Roster as it sits now
    QB: Rivers
    WR: Allen, KWright, Cooper, Boykin
    RB: Bush, ABrown, Bernard, Spiller, Vereen
    TE: Reed, Walker
    K: Novak
    DST: Carolina

Starters are QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DST

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, my issue has been resolved, sort of, somebody stole Keenum away from me on waivers! I didn't put in a claim myself hoping to preserve my high waiver priority to possibly claim back whomever I dropped. The RG3 owner sitting in 10th place figured he wanted Keenum and put in a claim, so I wasn't able to snag him from the free agent pile this morning. Glennon is still out there, but I am thinking I will just take my lumps with Rivers this week and not worry about who to drop.