Thread: Trade Ideas & Keeper Core

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade Ideas & Keeper Core

My team is below. I was wondering who I should keep(5).

I recently traded Lamar Miller for a high draft pick. You guys see any other potential trade ideas?

I'd appreciate some outside input. I am currently not going to make playoffs.

REP for All!!

Fantasy Football Team:

12 Team – Keep 5 – 1QB,2RB,2WR,1FLEX,1ID,1TE,1D/ST,1K

QB: Griffin III R.
    RB: Peterson A., Rice R
    WR:, Shorts C, White R, Floyd M, Hopkins D, Hartline B, Tate G,
    TE: Graham. J
    ID: Freeman, J
    K: Henery, Alex
    IR: Wayne R.
    D/ST: CHI
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade Ideas & Keeper Core

Your keepers are RG3, Peterson, Rice, and Graham... for your last spot, you should do all you can to upgrade at the WR position.. trade anyone and everyone of your non keepers for the upgrade if possible.. Maybe go after the Cobb owner since he is out for the season and see if he would trade him for immediate help..
    or on a cheaper level maybe a guy like Harvin is good to stash for next season
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Originally posted by Brosive View Post
    Your keepers are RG3, Peterson, Rice, and Graham... for your last spot, you should do all you can to upgrade at the WR position.. trade anyone and everyone of your non keepers for the upgrade if possible.. Maybe go after the Cobb owner since he is out for the season and see if he would trade him for immediate help..
    or on a cheaper level maybe a guy like Harvin is good to stash for next season
    Nice man,

Thanks for the Input.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would keep RG3, AP, Rice, Graham, and Shorts. I second the idea of going after a guys like Cobb, Julio, Harvin and Crabtree. Only guys on your roster that should not be traded (unless you get Calvin) are Graham and AP. get as many picks as you can. Before keepers are due, there could be some decent guys that you could get for bargain prices.

Do you, in this case only, think that it may be in my best interest to trade AP or Graham for a stud and potentially a better keeper option. Next year our keepers will likely drop from 5 to 4.

If I did move Peterson or Graham what would be a realistic return? Would Calvin Johnson be straight across or should I ask for more and where would I value the second part?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

AP and Graham are both top tier 1st round options.. i dont think I would advise you to trade them for anyone.. cant get much better than them for their respected positions
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Newbie

Hey Stewpaloop, I'm and I write the column "Game Day Meeting Room" each week for dobberfootball.com. I do have some thoughts for your team: Depending on how high your draft pick is, I would definitely try drafting a QB. I am still not sold on RG3, he is very injury prone and their offense really hit a wall this year. RG3 even said himself he is afraid of losing his job to Kirk Cousins. I would either keep him as a decent backup and ride your rookie QB you pick next year or trade him for either another QB, picks or other parts. QB is definitely a weakness for you. Ray Rice I feel is coming to the end of his effectiveness. He has a ton of mileage on him and it has really showed this year. By the start of opening day next season he will be well 27 yrs old and thats when RBs start to decline, he won't put up numbers like he used to any more but he will have a bounce back year next season. Once he hits 30 he is pretty much done so he his on the back end of his career. You can keep him if you like but I would try and see what kind of trade offers you can get for him. You are set with Peterson, definitely keep him. Your WRs are pretty decent. Reggie Wayne was a crushing loss for many people. I still like him, so I would keep him. Cecil Shorts is also a keeper, although I wish his team was better around him. Roddy White has definitely hurt a lot of people too this year and he is getting up there in age. If he can show us something the rest of the season then he is worth keeping, if not then send out some trade feelers and see what he may command. Hopkins and Floyd are also worth keeping, watch these two closely the rest of the season in terms of targets and snaps. Both could figure big time in their teams offenses in the next year or 2 and could be your replacements for White and possibly Wayne. Jermaine Gresham I always liked but now with Tyler Eifert there, neither of them really has gotten anything going offensively. Once Eifert learns to block, he will be the primary passing TE and Gresham will fade away unfortunately. I do not know how you figure the TE market to be when picking your team next year but you could probably do better there. Kicker you can put many guys there, but watch for your point system. Dan Carpenter came out of nowhere this year and was hitting the long ball especially well, much like a younger Janikowski and also on a consistent scoring Bills offense. Chicago Def/ST is nice to have. I would keep them or at least think about it, but other defenses could be had such as Buffalo, Miami, or the Jets, even the Titans when they are healthy. Looking at strength of schedule for next year could help you stay ahead of the curve if you want to keep skill positions over a defense. Kansas City came out of nowhere with one of the easiest schedules in the league, a new coach and some defensive studs they certainly have done a very food job this year. As for your IDP, I am not sure of your scoring system, but there are a ton of guys you could get and don't necessarily need to use a keeper spot for that unless its an absolute stud. I may be a little Buffalo biased, but Kiko Alonso is going to have an amazing career, he has 4 INTs this year as a Rookie ILB!!! So I hope this helps a little, if you need any advice you can follow me and ask me on twitter @DynastyMN or email [email protected] Thank you for using Dobber Football, we appreciate it and hope any advice we can give to you will help you not only win games but championships as well!

Awesome man! Thanks a lot for the advice!

Not sure if you saw it wrong but my TE is Jimmy Graham. I'll definitely be keeping him!

From your Ideas above i think i'll go with: RG3 (Unless he can be moved for something good), Peterson, Graham, Rice (Unless he can be moved for something good), Wayne, Shorts.

The way Floyd has played as of late he's interesting to me. He may be a keeper if i move one of the above.