Thread: SEC Defensive POY, Michael Sam admits he's gay

Dobber Sports Deity

Default SEC Defensive POY, Michael Sam admits he's gay

Pretty gutsy move on his part considering the draft isn't that far away.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ssouri-tigers/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: SEC Defensive POY, Michael Sam admits he's gay

That sort of courage and confidence would make me more likely to draft him, but then I'm not in charge of a football team.

Dobber Sports Deity

I was reading another article where they interviewed a select group of league executives and they all agreed, this will probably affect his draft status; in a negative way.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...m-draft-stock/

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

It hurts his draft stock in a sense that some teams will not want a media circus centered around a rookie picked in like the 5th round. But for other teams I think they will rank him at exactly the same spot.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

I can't see how it won't. It sucks that it will and eventually we'll reach a point where this is much ado about nothing but between the media issues and the still prevailing narrow-mindedness in sport and thus potential locker room distraction some teams will see this as a headache. Stable franchises won't care and could have a talent for cheaper than they might otherwise. I wonder if the "hype" doesn't suck one team in early just because it's something that's put him on the mind of every talent analyst.

Apparently he already came out to his team last season so I wonder how many franchises already knew simply from having scouted him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Originally posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I can't see how it won't. It sucks that it will and eventually we'll reach a point where this is much ado about nothing but between the media issues and the still prevailing narrow-mindedness in sport and thus potential locker room distraction some teams will see this as a headache. Stable franchises won't care and could have a talent for cheaper than they might otherwise. I wonder if the "hype" doesn't suck one team in early just because it's something that's put him on the mind of every talent analyst. Apparently he already came out to his team last season so I wonder how many franchises already knew simply from having scouted him.

He did come out at the beginning of this past season. Apparently, there was plenty of attention about it before Mizzou's bowl game. The guy has been graded as a 3-5 round selection. Being a league that is run by ultra conservative owners, it could torpedo his draft stock. But because this was made public before the draft process, it puts those owners in a very difficult place. Especially for the teams in need of a pass rusher in the middle rounds. Him coming out before the draft process is courageous given the level of tolerance the states as a whole has towards gay people. But him coming out before the draft process, in my opinion, was smart more than anything.

Dobber Sports Deity

Wow, Arland Bruce. Sometimes its best to just say nothing at all.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...013339637.html

Banned

Originally posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Wow, Arland Bruce. Sometimes its best to just say nothing at all.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...013339637.html
    Anytime I hear some idiot religious zealot telling someone else to submit to the will of their imaginary friend I am reminded of the wisdom of George Carlin:

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
    But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!
    I can barely listen to morons like Bruce anymore either, I start to tune out after the first few sentences, kinda like this:

http://explosm.net/comics/3224/

Dobber Sports Deity

I love George Carlin and that quote is priceless that makes me laugh everytime I hear/read it.

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust