Thread: Colts RB -- Some Playoff Clarity

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Colts RB -- Some Playoff Clarity

Reports this morning that the Colts have finally decided to bench Trent in favor of Brown. Not all that surprising, but noteworthy in case someone in your league got fed up with Brown being all but phased out the last couple of weeks -- he could make for a nice pickup if available and pay some dividends during the money weeks. From Rotoworld: NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Colts are benching Trent Richardson, and Donald Brown will be the team's starting running back Sunday versus Tennessee. "It's a bottom-line [business]," a Colts source told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. "Change needed to be made. Donald is our most productive guy." Brown was used sparingly in last Sunday's blowout loss to the Cardinals, but the Colts realize their season is on the line and a change needed to be made. In 11 games this season, Brown is averaging a robust 5.7 YPC and has vastly outplayed Richardson since Trent was acquired from the Browns. In nine games with the Colts, Richardson has posted a pitiful 2.8 YPC mark and can't seem to find any running lanes. Rapoport adds that the Colts "believe in Trent for the future," so they're not giving up on him. But the division and playoff seeding is on the line. They can't keep trotting out an unproductive running game. Brown is on the flex radar and has RB2 value the rest of the season, while Richardson is -- and has been -- nearly drop-worthy.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Colts RB -- Some Playoff Clarity

P.s. Apologies for the massive block of text. The post wasn't like that when typed, and I'm unable to go back and edit now (thought that issue was fixed, but some bugs persist with forums I guess).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Immortal

I gave up on Richardson weeks ago. So frustrating.

Dobber Sports Recruit

P.s. Statements of regret for the gigantic square of content. The post wasn't similar to that when written, and I'm not able to backpedal and alter now (suspected that issue was settled, however a few bugs continue with discussions I presume).
    _Edwordstephen_