Thread: Just traded JT.

Default Just traded JT.

Well, I just traded Tavares for Perry straight up in the league in my sig.

My Justification:
    This year, Perry is 4th in our league and Tavares is 7th.
    Last year when we did our initial draft, Perry was drafted 5th, Tavares was drafted 8th.
    Last year in the shortened season Tavares was the 17th best skater, Perry was the 20th.

All this to say, I was willing to move him to win this year so I hope it pays off!
    My keepers are now 4 of the following 5: Ovechkin/Rask/Perry/Giroux/Hall instead of JT in there.

It's done just wondering what people think or if anyone has made a similar move to acquire him or sell him?

Heres to the win!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Just traded JT.

In a keeper-league.. I would have only done this trade if I was in absolute position to win this year.. but even then.. I don't see Perry as a top-5 player and that's coming from someone who owns Perry as well. JT > Perry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sucks to lose Tavares but you have a good enough team that you can win this year so I like the move. Also the remaining keepers you have are great so the loss of JT will not hurt as bad.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In a league with Pims & Hits Good trade. Perry is under sound managment. JT is not. Perry also has a beauty supporting cast in Getz and the young steppers in Anaheim vs. JT's revolving door. Good trade Dooley.
    18 GM Keep All + 5man NA - Head to Head
    G A P PPP HIT SOG GWG
    W SA% SO

Roster
    E.Pettersson Van - F
    D.Pastrnak Bos - F
    W.Nylander Tor - F
    R.Rakell Anh - F
    C.White Ott - F
    A.Mantha Det - F
    T.Jost Col - F
    A.Galchenyuk Ari - F
    P.Zacha NJ - F
    R.Thomas StL - F
    A.Wennberg Cls - F
    T.Bertuzzi Det - F
    O.Kase Anh - F
    Burakovsky Was- F
    Perlini Chi - F

V.Hedman TB - D
    R.Dahlin Buf - D
    S.Gostisbehere Phi - D
    J.Chychrun Ari - D
    E.Cernak TB - D
    L.Pilut Buf - D

C.Schneider NJ - G
    A.Raanta Ari - G

IR
    C.Dvorak Ari - F

Minors
    H.Borgstrom FLA - F
    E.Brannstrom VGK - D
    A.Boqvist Chi - D
    C.Hart Phi - G
    T.Demko VAN - G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

just imagine if JT played in anaheim.... man the islanders stink, worst player management in the league by far.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think this probably ends up being a fine trade for you based on your categories.

Comparing their stats side by side,

Perry 30G, 30A, +24, 50 PIM, 14 PPP, 204 SOG, 60 Hits
    Tavares 24G, 42A, -6, 40 PIM, 25 PPP, 188 SOG, 23 Hits

So really you win 5/7 of the above categories, which makes this a good trade for you, and going forward Perry is likely to continue winning +/-, PIM, SOG, and Hits. As an aside, having both PPG and PPP seems extremely redundant. I would lobby to get rid of that in the offseason. Multi-cat really boosts Perry's value and diminishes Tavares because JT only scores, and really shoots a lot less than you would expect. Tough to swallow losing JT just because of the talent and pedigree, but in terms of actual performance Perry is surprisingly better. I traded JT for Perry AND Benn in the offseason and Perry alone is outscoring JT in my format by a decent amount (which is similar to yours), so good trade.

Repped everyone, thanks for the replies!
    I feel even better after reading your posts haha

Really hoping I can keep up the pace and blow through the post-season!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Initiate

I do worry a little about power forwards when they start approaching 30, and I start wondering when the decline will begin, both in numbers and in physical play. That said, very good deal for you right now, and probably for the next few years. The fact that Perry has had a relatively injury-free career makes me feel better about my aforementioned concerns as well.

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm a big Perry fan, so I think you did alright. Perry has been unbelievable this year and has proven that his Hart season wasn't a fluke. This trade might hurt a little bit in the future, but Perry is a rare commodity as he brings a healthy dose of PIMs in addition to his superstar point potential.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Well, I just traded Tavares for Perry straight up in the league in my sig.

My Justification:
    This year, Perry is 4th in our league and Tavares is 7th.
    Last year when we did our initial draft, Perry was drafted 5th, Tavares was drafted 8th.
    Last year in the shortened season Tavares was the 17th best skater, Perry was the 20th.

All this to say, I was willing to move him to win this year so I hope it pays off!
    My keepers are now 4 of the following 5: Ovechkin/Rask/Perry/Giroux/Hall instead of JT in there.

It's done just wondering what people think or if anyone has made a similar move to acquire him or sell him?

Heres to the win!
    The main problem I see with this is that you are basing yourself on the PAST. As you can see in your example, Tavares is getting better every year! The same can be said about Perry, but we all know Tavares' value will keep going up whereas Perry's is bound to hit its ceiling (he's always up and down over the past few year; don't get me wrong, he is a stud player but he's no JT).

I have not calculated both player's value in your league format, but according to the info provided, Perry is a valuable contributor in this league.

To answer the second part of your question, a guy in my league (see sig.) tried to land Tavares for Giroux and a late pick and it was rejected. The manager who owns Tavares is in 4th and the Giroux owner is in 7th. Of course our settings are different from your league, but the example offers a glimpse of the value held by an injured JT.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay