Thread: Kadri for Stepan.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Kadri for Stepan.

I'm going for a run this year, is this a good move for me? Stepan would become a keeper going forward for me as I plan to make another few moves.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Kadri for Stepan.

I'd take Stepan over Kadri this season and for the foreseeable future.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hmm.. I might be in the minority but I think Kadri is the better player to own moving forward. I like his skill set better with your categories.

The Great One

In a keep 4F, I have no idea how Stepan would ever make your protected list. You must be planning a lot of trades.

Between the two, I personally prefer Stepan.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't see that big a difference between them, but as I understand your league settings, Kadri would be protected on the farm at the end of this season/start of next, whereas Stepan would have to displace a keeper to stay. I would think that as an NHL-ready, productive forward who can be called up from your farm to start the year, Kadri could provide a pretty nice boost to your lineup. With him and MacKinnon waiting on your farm, you'd essentially be keeping 6 forwards who would make your starting roster. Seven assuming Yak gets his shit together, and eight if Tarasenko gets some more opportunities. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in for next year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In some ways I see it as a lateral move. I think overall, Stepan has a bit higher upside, but Kadri has outscored him thus far this season. I see Kadri as more of a goal-scorer which would be more beneficial for you considering your categories. Kadri also clearly beats Stepan in terms of your more minor categories like PIMs and hits.

Points-wise, I think the two are almost a wash, but it wouldn't surprise me if Stepan is more consistent as a keeper. I'd keep Kadri - and I am not a fan of his at all.