Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

Esposito went old school on talk radio and blasted St. Louis and all involved, basically calling them a bunch of stupid babies (with plenty of expletives!)......hilarious! Let em have it Phil, love it when someone gets real and tells it how it really is instead of coddling these athletes when they pull BS moves like this. Awesome.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

Esposito is not exactly the guy I'd want to listen to based on his track record and how he chooses to treat people. But to each their own

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Interesting article - I could totally see this being a big factor in his trade request. I remember watching a Tampa game just before the Olympic break and one of the Lightning young players took a penalty. St. Louis skated by his side all the way to the box - it looked liked he was giving advice or making a teaching moment out of it. You could tell his teammate was irritated.

I doubt it's a rift in the locker room, likely a bunch of guys just tuning MSL out. Add in the initial Olympic snub and now you have him wanting out.
    Based on the fact that Stamkos was grinning ear to ear during his interview while being asked about Marty leaving, I sure think this is one of the pieces to the puzzle. Sure didn't seem too shook up at the prospect of Marty leaving.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Esposito went old school on talk radio and blasted St. Louis and all involved, basically calling them a bunch of stupid babies (with plenty of expletives!)......hilarious! Let em have it Phil, love it when someone gets real and tells it how it really is instead of coddling these athletes when they pull BS moves like this. Awesome.
    Yes I heard that interview but Esposito is such an unintelligent blow-hard that it's hard to listen to him or take anything he says as relevant.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    What I was trying to say is that I don't agree with people who say MSL should have been named to Team Canada because of his individual statistics in the NHL. Yzerman's job was to put the best TEAM forward. MSL has been in two Olympics and looked near invisible in both of them. To be quite frank, I think there were half a dozen better replacements for Stamkos.

As for MSL....I don't see Giroux or Thornton or Hall or Neal whinning like a spoiled little brat. I've lost all respect for MSL. He's acting like an idiot, in my opinion.
    i don't see MSL whining like a spoiled little brat either

look i just don't agree with you at all but hey you have a right to feel that way, i certainly don't have a right to tell you how you should or shouldn't fell about this

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Esposito speaking out on trade value is rich

the man involved in one of the worst trades in Rangers history has the nerve to comment about value

hey Espo how do you feel about Park and Ratelle for Esposito and Vadnais

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't call MSL a baby either. Could be down to his last season next year. I'd at he's earned the right to ask to be closer to his family to test out if he'd keep playing if he was closer to his family.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Banned

i think douch-bag is a more appropriate term...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Well done. It is a douche move asking for a trade at this venture, I don't care how the bleeding-hearts in here try to justify it.......seriously people, HE's BEEN IN TAMPA FOR 12 YEARS! You're telling me the guy can't tough out one more playoff run before QUIETLY asking for a trade in the offseason if he really misses his family????? smh.... Gimme a break, so tired of everyone making excuses for these spoiled babies. Guy is getting filthy rich under his current contract, how about being a man and honoring it instead of trying to hurt the team you're supposed to be leading.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    The funny thing is, if he left Tampa as a free-agent rather than taking a below market deal we wouldn't have any problems with him. Hell, he could have just retired and left Tampa with nothing and I don't know that he'd be getting ripped for that choice. Instead the Lightning are likely going to get some sort of return for a 38yr old with only one more year on his contract. Hell, they didn't even trade assets away to acquire him in the first place. Dude really needs to take lessons on how to screw a franchise because he frankly sucks at it.

Fun fact:
    This is the first year since 2007-2008 that St. Louis' yearly salary has entered the top 50 in the NHL... he's 41st. In that span he has never finished outside the top 20 in points.

The Lightning have done well out of Marty, two Art Ross Trophies, Stanley Cup, Hart Trophy, 890 regular season points... over a point per game in the post season.

Take out St. Louis and Ohlund (who is likely done) and Tampa has one of the youngest teams in the league (top 5 at least) and they are likely to keep improving (particularly on the blue line).

So all in all, I have a hard time mustering the self-righteous indignation the so many people here seem to feel.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

2nd best player demanding a trade right before a playoff run? That's not screwing your team? I've already said it once, but if I was a Tampa player that worked my balls off to secure a playoff spot with Stamkos being out most of the season, I would be livid that my "captain" is trying to jump ship over an issue that has nothing to do that team itself. I'm sorry, but I have zero respect for anyone that wears a C and then pulls that shit..........a good captain goes down with his ship.

Dobber Sports Expert

Nick Kypreos? Yeah I can't find the source but didn't a GM rip him a new one this year after he falsified some trade rumour? I'm positive he was on the receiving end of ridicule but I can't find the info at the present.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ninja

The keyboard warriors are in full force here without even knowing most of the details. Predictable as usual.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The keyboard warriors are in full force here without even knowing most of the details. Predictable as usual.
    thanks mom. maybe you should keep your uninformed, holier than thou, opinions to yourself too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin.