Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

Banned

Default Re: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

I still trust boomer. And I take the rangers over the lightning in terms of staley cup chances

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't think it matters at all. MSL may have asked for a trade when he was first left off of Team Canada, but I highly doubt he gives two shits about it after being added to the team and winning a gold medal. Winning heals all wounds and I see know way he truly wants out of Tampa, and if think there is even less of a chance that Yzerman will trade him. Especially not for much shittier Ryan Callahan.
    st Louis is better than Callahan offensively but that doesn't make Callahan shit. Tired of these posters who see some guy as a third liner just because he's amazing in all the non offensive facets of the game.

St. Louis wasn't wanted by team canada, the guy who just won the art Ross. Think about that.

The Great One

All I can say is that none of this reflects well on Martin St Louis. If he doesn't come out and deny this story, that will say something about his character to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Callahan is fantastic for what he does. I have a ton of respect for him as a player. He just doesn't hold a candle to MSL as a player. You say this like MSL is much worse defensively. I would say the only non-offensive category where Callahan is clearly better is his physical game, specifically hitting. Outside of that, I don't think he's any better defensively, at least not significantly so, and St. Louis is significantly better offensively and not on an expiring contract (which Callahan is). Didn't mean to offend or piss you off Ev, and didn't mean any disrespect to Callahan, it was more....competitive disrespect is what I guess you would call it.

Also, do you really think Team Canada would have wanted Callahan either? I doubt it. I don't see anyone in that lineup he replaces as an upgrade, or even a straight across move.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    st Louis is better than Callahan offensively but that doesn't make Callahan shit. Tired of these posters who see some guy as a third liner just because he's amazing in all the non offensive facets of the game.

St. Louis wasn't wanted by team canada, the guy who just won the art Ross. Think about that.

Banned

Callahan is much better defensively, especially on the PK. St. Louis was better in that area years ago but has since only been an offensive player

no I don't think Callahan would have made team Canada is year, but nobody thought Kunitz would either and he is on a similar path.

I would have a hard time deciding who I'd rather have if I was making a team from scratch, but age is a huge factor. A signed Callahan is worth more than an old St. Louis. He is kind of on an expiring contract in that sense

Banned

callahan isn't shit, but he is nowhere near as valuable as you make him out to be.
    second/third liner with intangibles.
    definitely nowhere near MSL's value, regardless of age.
    somebody is going to regret paying him big money when all is said and done.
    doesn't seem like a giy who is aging well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Banned

Man up and write actual words, nobody wants to get gif replies here. It makes YOU look like the "moron".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    All I can say is that none of this reflects well on Martin St Louis. If he doesn't come out and deny this story, that will say something about his character to me.
    Nope, it looks bad on Yzerman. MSL has earned the right to be pissed.

Top point producer in the NHL last five years
    Art Ross winner last year
    PPG this year without Stamkos.

He's human and he was pissed. I would have wanted out as well. I say good for him. If Yzerman feels he's not good enough to be on Team Canada, then let him try to win without him on TB.

Good for Marty.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Banned

Man up and write actual words, nobody wants to get gif replies here. It makes YOU look like the "moron".
    I know right? I haven't decided yet if he's a 14 yr old boy who spends all his time on 9gag or just some feebleminded imbecile who never learned to speak properly. Either way, he contributes nothing of value to these boards.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I know Yzerman would never trade him until Drouin is ready but Marty would sure look good feeding the puck to Crosby or Ovechkin. At his current cap hit, he might just be too valuable for Yzerman to let go.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Nope, it looks bad on Yzerman. MSL has earned the right to be pissed.

Top point producer in the NHL last five years
    Art Ross winner last year
    PPG this year without Stamkos.

He's human and he was pissed. I would have wanted out as well. I say good for him. If Yzerman feels he's not good enough to be on Team Canada, then let him try to win without him on TB.

Good for Marty.
    I kinda see both sides of it, on the one hand i'd be pissed too if they took Kunitz over me but throwing a temper tantrum over it is kinda weak. Stevie Y has the hardest job in the world selecting that roster, a truly thankless job if there ever was one. While Marty has every right to be pissed off, he shoulda handled it like professional

Dobber Sports Wizard

this is likely MSL's last chance to be in an Olympics and putting him on the team wouldn't have just been because of seniority or sentimental reasons, it's not a matter of he was one of the best players when he played, he currently is one of the best players and has been for the last several seasons

the idea that perhaps the team would have lost by taking MSL or might lose in the future because MSL was taken and someone else didn't get their feet wet is preposterous so there really is no legitimate reason for him to have been excluded

if he is older and his skills are slipping i can see excluding him and not giving into sentimentality, but there is no reason that his seniority should not have been respected given the talent level that goes along with it

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    this is likely MSL's last chance to be in an Olympics and putting him on the team wouldn't have just been because of seniority or sentimental reasons, it's not a matter of he was one of the best players when he played, he currently is one of the best players and has been for the last several seasons
    if he is older and his skills are slipping i can see excluding him and not giving into sentimentality, but there is no reason that his seniority should not have been respected given the talent level that goes along with it
    Ok I see your point, but what about Thornton then ?

As I said in this thread, his omission from the initial roster was not a jab at his skill or age. St.Louis is a great playmaker and a good sniper. Is he a better playmaker/sniper than Tavares? Stamkos (initially)? Crosby??? There was just too much firepower on that roster to warrant St.Louis' presence from the get go IMO. That team was BUILT and each player had their respective attributes that were relied upon to win games. If the selections were based on having the top-12 best playmakers/snipers and MSL was left out, then I believe taking a hissy fit would be warranted. In this particular case though, his omission had nothing to do with his abilities per say. There's a huge distinction between an All-Star game and an Olympic Tournament; Finland was the perfect example to illustrate this.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

Team Canada is too deep for MSL to be upset. I wouldn't have picked him either, even as the replacement. For big ice, MSL looked even smaller out there. The team was young and big, MSL didn't fit in with them.