Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

As Dobber mentioned, Kypreos tweeted-

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
    It's believed St.Louis did ask #Lightning 4 trade when left off Canada. I'm told some #NHL clubs not sure if he still feels the same way now

Even if the rumours of a trade to NYR for Callahan don't happen, I think their are a lot of teams on the phone to Yzerman. I'm not sure that the fences can be mended between MSL and Yzerman. I am totally surprised that the initial Team Canada snub would be enough for MSL to ask for a trade so maybe there's more to it or maybe Marty is the guy I thought he was.

In any case back to the NYR rumours. Apparently Marty has a home in CT and trains and golfs in the summer with Brad Richards and Boomer. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Marty St. Louis believed to have asked for a trade

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Usually where there's smoke, there's fire.
    Yes but then again, that smoke may be from someone who's ''getting high'' on rumors.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

So do you think Kyproes and Esisason are both wrong?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    So do you think Kyproes and Esisason are both wrong?
    Honestly, yes

Being snubbed from Team Canada by the GM that is coincidentally your NHL team's GM is not a reason for a professional player to demand a trade IMO, especially not a player with St.Louis class. I bet that initial decision by Yzerman stung and that he was not too pleased with his GM, but to turn your back on your teammates and fans that support you in TB is not like the Lighting's captain in my books.

MSL is playing some of his best hockey on a great team that will only get better once Stamkos is back. Why in the world would he demand a trade, especially to NYR with all the media circus and difficulties the team is currently facing?!

It just doesn't add up!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree that it seems far fetched but I don't think for 1 second that Kipper would make this up out of thin air. It would defiantly not be in his best interest to do so. Boomer is a very creditable source in his own right. It is also the second time Stevie snubbed him. I could see this as true but will see.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It may seem unprofessional on MSL's part, but much stronger relationships have fallen apart due to much pettier issues. Sometimes, things happen... and it isn't even necessarily the BIG headline grabbing things... where you just know that you can't go back to the way it was before, regardless of whether you bury the hatchet or not.

We are all emotional creatures and most of us fiercely protect our pride and expect our loyalty to be rewarded. I can certainly sympathize with MSL if he feels personally wounded by Stevie's decisions.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It may seem unprofessional on MSL's part, but much stronger relationships have fallen apart due to much pettier issues. Sometimes, things happen... and it isn't even necessarily the BIG headline grabbing things... where you just know that you can't go back to the way it was before, regardless of whether you bury the hatchet or not.

We are all emotional creatures and most of us fiercely protect our pride and expect our loyalty to be rewarded. I can certainly sympathize with MSL if he feels personally wounded by Stevie's decisions.
    Hey blayze, do you work for Hallmark during your spare time

I agree 100% with what you said, just can't see this particular situation being the reason for him demanding to be traded. If he did in fact want out of TB, there has got to be something else...

Minors:

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's hardly unproffesional on St. Louis' part. I called this after he was left off initially. The thought process being that if I'm not good enough for Yzerman on Team Canada then I'm obviously not good enough for him on TB. I'd ask for the trade and say let's see how good Stamkos is without St. Louis. MSL's already proven he doesn't need Stamkos to be an elite player.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Yes but then again, that smoke may be from someone who's ''getting high'' on rumors.
    PS: Excelsior, I hope you didn't think I was saying YOU were the one buying into the rumors. I just re-read my post and it kinda comes out like that but it was not at all a jab on you; so hopefully no hard feelings there.

I just meant that Kypreos, as reliable as he is, likes to talk about his old team, especially when it involves potential trades.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    PS: Excelsior, I hope you didn't think I was saying YOU were the one buying into the rumors. I just re-read my post and it kinda comes out like that but it was not at all a jab on you; so hopefully no hard feelings there.

I just meant that Kypreos, as reliable as he is, likes to talk about his old team, especially when it involves potential trades.
    All is good Bass.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Administrator

People can ask for a trade if they want. MSL isn't going public and throwing anyone under the bus. The fact that it's in the rumor stage means that if there is any merit to this it's all happening behind the scenes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

You know when I take a step back and look at Marty, some of this makes sense. He does have a lot of pride and it seems in a lot of interviews he keeps making reference about what he has had to overcome to make and succeed in the NHL ie. not being drfated, coming out of college ( Univ. of Vermont ) not known for producing NHLers, small stature etc. It seems like he still has that underdog, so-you-don't-think-I'm-good-enough, I'll show you attitude.

I recently read ( and yes this is only speculation ) that he said he would never play for the Habs when they were interested in acquiring him because they refused to give him a tryout years ago.

Anyway we will know in the next few weeks how this all plays out.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Sage

How many pages would this thread be all ready if St.Louis did not have a Canadian passport? Now I don't think there is anything wrong what St.Louis might or might not be doing. In all honesty if I was in his place I probably would have asked for a trade the moment I was left off the team but the double standards are atrocious!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hard to imagine being an NHL player (I am a long way from there) but I would probably be bothered if I heard/thought/speculated that my GM actually DID want me on the team but wasn't prepared to fight for me (which is largely what I heard). If my GM doesn't have my back in a situation like that then I have to wonder where he is going to be come contract time etc. - clear indication that loyalty is not part of the discussion, which is absolutely fair, but it cuts both ways.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    How many pages would this thread be all ready if St.Louis did not have a Canadian passport? Now I don't think there is anything wrong what St.Louis might or might not be doing. In all honesty if I was in his place I probably would have asked for a trade the moment I was left off the team but the double standers are atrocious!
    Those damn double standers