Thread: Weiss

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Weiss

Guy was a threat for 60 and a coveted FA last summer -- but this year has been a disaster.
    Does he benefit from Z's injury? Jump into a top 6 spot for the stretch run?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Weiss

I don't think so. He's been awful this year in Detroit. I don't their system works for him.

Dobber Sports Guru

You don't think that had a lot to do with the sports hernia?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't pay to acquire him right now. I wouldn't drop anyone useful. I would watch list him though, and be ready to pounce if he gets off to a good start, and you have someone you want to get rid of. Also, in Yahoo leagues he is still IR eligible, so if you have an open IR spot and can stash him there, at least you'd have ownership of him if he did turn out to be useful.

Zuccarello was still farm eligible in one of my leagues, and his hurt, so I sent him down, added Weiss, IRed him, and added Hemsky in the resulting spot. Hemsky will be gone very soon if he isn't traded somewhere truly wonderful by the deadline, but I figured why not? H2H, and I have some decent guys on my farm who can fill that spot, but I don't mind carrying some dead weight for a couple of weeks, just to see if something good comes of it.

Dobber Sports Pro

If Weiss can stay healthy, he'll have a chance to redeem himself in Detroit since they're without Zetterberg for the rest of the season. Still, not looking good. Was never that impressed with Weiss, beyond his skating ability which is top notch he's always been overrated to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

You have to think he gets a look in that top 6 but man he's had a bad year this year.

If you currently own him, cross your fingers.

If you are thinking of acquiring him simply based on this opening, I'd keep on looking for a different option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

And just like that, Weiss himself will not play in the next two games.

https://twitter.com/wingsfrontman/st...74772624621568

Weiss won't play next two games. Kindl doesn't think he's able to play either. Datsyuk not sure of his status.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    You don't think that had a lot to do with the sports hernia?
    I think his injury definitely affected his play. He's a big time sleeper, but his upside isn't huge. Still, before the season started, I thought he had a chance to threaten 60 points. If the sports hernia was the issue, then he could potentially score at a 50 point pace when he comes back, but that's a lot of ifs.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket