Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Backstrom tested positive

Banned

Default Re: Backstrom tested positive

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oh I see. It's a joke when it's convenient for it to be a joke, but otherwise you were dead serious. Cool.
    Nothing is convenient. Lighten up. Nhl players are tested throughout the year.

Surprised you even watched the Olympics given Russia's political stances.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Backstrom must be choked right now. The whole thing sounds pretty benign IMO.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No NHL players use steroids.
    LOL

Dobber Sports Ace

Feel terrible for Backstrom. To be told a couple of hours before puck drop of the gold medal game that you cannot represent your country and team because you took an allergy medicine that contains a banned substance, is preposterous. Rumor is, he was pretty distraught after this incident.

After this, wont be surprised if he decides to not participating in the Olympics ever again or playing for team Sweden.

Question - did anyone see if he was allowed to accept the Silver medal? I am assuming he was, but if he wasn't, that is just plain inhuman/dumb.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Sucks for Backstrom, but also rules are rules. It's not at all ridiculous that Backstrom wasn't allowed to play. Both he and Swedish team officials should have been way more on top of this, it's not like these guidelines are secret or hidden. Sure, it's one allergy pill he's taken every day for 7 years. Clearly he isn't doping to improve performance standards, but rules are rules and if they bend them this one time for this one player than there starts being arguments for bending them for other people and other reasons. Just a poor job by team doctors in not being aware of the levels that Backstrom had the drug in his system, as it didn't need to be zero, it just needed to be lower.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The only person who should be shot in all this is the Swedish doctor who clearly ****ed the pooch.

Banned

maybe he takes this 1 "allergy" pill daily cause its a seemingly harmless enhancer.

Reason I say that is, I got all kinds of allergies, dust, grass etc. which are most common allergies. And I only need to take em maybe 2-3 months during the summer.

I have a hard time believing that he needs an allergy pill EVERY day to not have effects.

#cheater

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    Question - did anyone see if he was allowed to accept the Silver medal? I am assuming he was, but if he wasn't, that is just plain inhuman/dumb.
    They mentioned his name but he wasn't on the ice and they immediately moved onto #20, Steen.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Grand Master

IOC officials are still investigating as to whether or not he will receive one. So it hasn't been decided yet.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    IOC officials are still investigating as to whether or not he will receive one. So it hasn't been decided yet.
    He probably will get a medal in the end, but I guess they run the risk of saying that if it's okay to get a medal it should have been okay to play the game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    His grandmother was right ... he DID make a fool of himself before all was said and done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...204431516.html
    He shouldn't have accepted that poppy-seed bagel from Grandma before the drug testing. Might have been the cause of a false positive. Thanks Granny.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

I feel bad for Backstrom, but man was this ever a huge brain fart on his part. Even average Joes like myself know that you can't be popping allergy medications at the Olympics.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Pro

Garbage rule, so glad Olympics are done with and I don't have to worry about them for a very long time...at least four years, if not eight years.