Thread: Apparently, $50 billion cost for Sochi was corruption-free

I...am your father.

Default Apparently, $50 billion cost for Sochi was corruption-free

Check this out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26303859

hahahahahahaha

From Russian deputy PM Kozak:

Mr Kozak also dismissed allegations of corruption and embezzlement in relation to money spent on the Games, which are estimated to have cost £30bn ($50bn).

"We had tough control over the budget money," he said. "According to the results of the investigation we did not find any major incidents of corruption.

"We ask anyone who says that there is to provide specific fact of the corruption. If they do we will carry out investigations and, if proved, the culprits will be punished. But so far we do not have this information, so it is just speculation."

This is the No.1 thing that a politician responds with when there are any hints of corruption or bribery: "anyone who says that there is - prove it"
    I remember arguing with a former city councillor that lobbying is just a legal, politically correct way of saying "bribing" and ohhh man was he mad, and he used that line 100 times.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Apparently, $50 billion cost for Sochi was corruption-free

A former city councillor who became an internationally famous mayor?

Dobber Sports All-Star

When an event costs more than the previous 24 events over 90 years combined, I would think that there has to be corruption. If this guy is saying there wasn't then he probably benefited more than anyone. I remember listening to an interview with an olympic reporter on the Fan about 2 years ago and he said then that the 2014 Winter Olympics were already the most expensive Olympics ever and it was all due to corruption.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

"***** Riot"............ Seriously??

HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Worst part is that it was actually 52-54 billion (not that it matters at this point)!!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Worst part is that it was actually 52-54 billion (not that it matters at this point)!!
    No the worst part is that because of all this they wound up choosing one of the warmest locations in Russia so the snow was all garbage. Imagine being an Olympic skier who has been training their whole life to compete for gold and you can't even do your thing because they're making all the snow out of the equivalent of the ice machine in your freezer...I'd be so furious

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    No the worst part is that because of all this they wound up choosing one of the warmest locations in Russia so the snow was all garbage. Imagine being an Olympic skier who has been training their whole life to compete for gold and you can't even do your thing because they're making all the snow out of the equivalent of the ice machine in your freezer...I'd be so furious
    Ha! Very true
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Yeah, but it was in Rubles, so what's that, like $75 or $80,000 USD? It's not my money, so I couldn't care less, or wait, maybe I could care less, but I don't, oh hell, now I'm confused, where are those meds I left on the counter...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

See, this is just another example of the importance of proper punctuation.

This was the original title of the report...
    The Sochi Olympics: Corruption, free games.

Then it got sent to the printers and typesetters and someone fell asleep at the switch. This resulted in the following very slight alteration.
    The Sochi Olympics: Corruption free games.

Since nobody in government (anywhere) ever reads more than the first page, especially if that page is telling them what they want to hear, the Russian authorities duly reported a complete lack of corruption.

Pfft... editors can f*ck up anything!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril