Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trouba or Hedman ??? REP

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Trouba or Hedman ??? REP

Hi everyone I need your really helpfull help as always I am close to 1st (19pts 1st league in SIG) but I don't think I will be able to finish 1st. I have one waiver pick left and both are avaible so which one do you prefer for the rest of the season just to know ROOKIES are free keeper so I read the RAMBLING and DOBBER really LIKE TROUBA so what is your tought ???

I should be able to finish 2nd and get my moneyback finishing 2nd and having TROUBA free keeper next year will be pretty good whit NISH and Mackinnon I will have 3 awsone ROOKIES.

Do you think Hedman will outpoint Trouba for the rest of the year I have Campbell, Justin Schult has my 3rd 4th DEF dress and Enstrom on my bench I will drop Del Zotto...

Which DEFS do you prefer andwill better for my team...

Thank in advance for your help...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trouba or Hedman ??? REP

I personally really like Hedman, and he's been great for me this year ever since I picked him up. With Stamkos coming back, I don't see him getting any worse either.

Trouba, I honestly don't know too much about. I've had my eye on him quite a bit, and as you mention, he is a rookie so you'd have that advantage.

Personally, I like Hedman, but I may just be biased.

This year, Hedman has had 37 pts, whereas Trouba has had 22 - I'm not sure if they have played the same number of games though. In any case, I think I could see Hedman outpointing Trouba for the rest of the year.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Sage

This is tough one it's hard to say. Hedman will outproduce Trouba for the reaming part of this year and for the next couple years no doubt but if it's not enough to push you in to first than he is useless as you can't keep him going forward. I think it depends on how much of a lead you have on second place. If you need Hedman to consolidate your hold on the spot than grab him, if you think you can hold it down with Trouba he's you play. As he is a nice free keeper to add
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by vonderpibe View Post
    I personally really like Hedman, and he's been great for me this year ever since I picked him up. With Stamkos coming back, I don't see him getting any worse either.

Trouba, I honestly don't know too much about. I've had my eye on him quite a bit, and as you mention, he is a rookie so you'd have that advantage.

Personally, I like Hedman, but I may just be biased.

This year, Hedman has had 37 pts, whereas Trouba has had 22 - I'm not sure if they have played the same number of games though. In any case, I think I could see Hedman outpointing Trouba for the rest of the year.
    THANK vonderpide REP have benn given Trouba has only played 43GP and I think having free keeper next year will a big +. Do you think Hedman will have at least 5pts more than Campbell and Justin Schult now until the end of the year because I dress them right now...

DOBBER said : he think Trouba will have 50PTS next year. Having him as free keeper is really nice, Hedman is really good but I will lose him for nothing and I don't think I will be able to win since TAVARES is done for the season I have Okposo...

Dobber Sports Pro

Not drinking the Trouba kool-aid just quite yet...no doubt he's a terrific young defenseman and will be a very valuable fantasy dman down the line, but 50 points next season is very unrealistic.

If you're wanting to know who will help you win the most THIS season, and likely for the next few years, the choice here is Hedman.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bluteau View Post
    THANK vonderpide REP have benn given Trouba has only played 43GP and I think having free keeper next year will a big +. Do you think Hedman will have at least 5pts more than Campbell and Justin Schult now until the end of the year because I dress them right now...

DOBBER said : he think Trouba will have 50PTS next year. Having him as free keeper is really nice, Hedman is really good but I will lose him for nothing and I don't think I will be able to win since TAVARES is done for the season I have Okposo...
    I think this is obviously the right choice as there is very little point in picking up Hedman if you can't keep and he won't propel you into first. Dobber is a little green with his prediction though. I would find it very unlikely that Trouba scores 50pts next year. Not going to happen. There's only a handful of veteran D in the league capable of doing that. I think he will get there one day but probably 2-4 years down the road
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thank a lot The Hockey Hitman, what is your expection for Trouba next year 40+ pts it's pretty valuable for a def and I am confident whit Campbell and Schultz. Hedman is really interesting WOW but it's only 24 GP left I like my def for the rest of the year but I don't know what to do I still can win whit some luck...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd go with Hedman since Stammer is coming back. I can see his point production going up. This wasn't an easy choice. Trouba logs a lot of minutes too since Byfuglien has been playing forward. Both defensemen are must-owns, IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Biased upon averages, Hedman is producing .72 points per game while Trouba is averaging .51. Putting hot/cold streaks aside, average production would equate to approx. 4 extra points for Hedman over Trouba over the remaining 20 games. With the other peripheral stats, I'd give a slight edge to Trouba.

Given how close they are, I'd easily take Trouba and take advantage of the free keeper.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Biased upon as, Hedman is producing .72 points per game while Trouba is averaging .51. Putting hot/cold streaks aside, average production would equate to approx. 4 extra points for Hedman over Trouba over the remaining 20 games. With the other peripheral stats, I'd give a slight edge to Trouba.
    Given how close they are, I'd easily take Trouba and take advantage of the free keeper.
    I totally agree with Steeler. Trouba makes more sense as you will have an extra top D to keep for next year and I dont think hedman will make you win this year.
    14 team Keeper league, keep-12 players, pts only.

F: P.Bergeron, M.Pacioretty, H.Zetterberg, E.Staal, M.Koivu, A.Semin, D.Sedin, J.Staal, J.Pavelski, P.Marleau, F.Nielsen, M.Read, A.Cogliano,
    D: K.Shattenkirk, D.Keith, M.Niskanen, O.Matta, D.Hamhuis, A.McDonald, M.Streit,
    G: S.Bobrovsky, K.Lehtonen, J.Riemer
    P: J.Drouin, R.Strome, M.Domi, A.Mantha,

Dobber Sports Padawan

Two guys above me nailed it. If he's a free keeper the difference over the course of the next 20 games doesn't warrant NOT picking him up. And you should be able to dish had an and another player for a keeper upgrade too, no?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ace

Thank everyone for help REP have been given I will go whit Trouba that was my 1st tought free keeper is nice and no Spec7ral we keep 5 fowards 3 defensives players and all calder candidate...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bluteau View Post
    Thank everyone for help REP have been given I will go whit Trouba that was my 1st tought free keeper is nice and no Spec7ral we keep 5 fowards 3 defensives players and all calder candidate...
    Long term roto - Trouba. Trouba is on a 40+ pace this season as a rookie. The Jets coaching staff trust him in all situations and many here in the Peg already have him as our #1 dman.

I do like Hedman and he is just coming into his own. He will likely outpoint Trouba going forward..BUT..Trouba will be seeing increased icetime as the Jets work hard to make the playoffs. I can see him taking over those 28 minutes a night Buff used to play.

Regarding your decision...i'd recommend picking up both Hedman and Trouba..and dropping Enstrom. Enstrom hasn't had a very good season this year and he's playing wiht Bogo...who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Some of the guys questioned whether Trouba could hit 50 next year. That might be a reach, but I wouldn't doubt it if he hits 40-45. If Buff or Enstrom get moved, he will be manning the #1 PP unit and the points will escalate.

First Jets 2.0 player that made the cut for my jersey.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Master

Having watched Trouba play a few times this year, I have no doubt he will be a superstar in the NHL. Its just incredible how he is playing as a 20 year old (his birthday is today! - happy bday Trouba). I think he will take less time to make a fantasy splash than the large majority of defensive prospects. Scoring 50 next year is not impossible, he is on a 40 point pace now and went quite a long time without scoring. One point in his first eleven games. He has really turned it on in last 20 games though. 50 next year could actually happen. I think he is a lock for 45 points. Considering that you cannot keep Hedman at the end of the year if you pick him up, it really is a no brainer to snag Trouba now.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Trouba here without question. Your team will only improve for the next few years as is and especially with Trouba. Pull it.
    18 GM Keep All + 5man NA - Head to Head
    G A P PPP HIT SOG GWG
    W SA% SO

Roster
    E.Pettersson Van - F
    D.Pastrnak Bos - F
    W.Nylander Tor - F
    R.Rakell Anh - F
    C.White Ott - F
    A.Mantha Det - F
    T.Jost Col - F
    A.Galchenyuk Ari - F