Thread: Harding...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Harding...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/246269451.html

Not looking like he will make it back soon. Kuemper might end up being pretty solid the rest of the way.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Harding...

Very unfortunate, his comeback was a great story this year. He was also carrying the Wild, as well as many fantasy teams. Hope he's able to play again.

Time to find out what Kuemper can do.

Administrator

Do you anticipate that Backstrom or Kuemper will carry the load the rest of the way? It's a bit unclear what's going on with Backstrom, but he is participating in practices with the Wild.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

The Great One

Tough to say with Backstrom. He's been terrible this year, but he's also been injured a lot. Apparently they've figured out his health issue, but it's still unclear when/if it will be resolved.

For now, I'd bank on Kuemper over Backstrom until there is some sort of evidence to suggest the contrary.

It will also be interesting to see if Minnesota makes a move at G before the deadline. My instinct says they won't, as they will be too cheap to meet anyone's price.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Backstrom is a questions mark just as much as Harding is, IMO. There's something wrong that that he nor the team will tell the public. I can see Kuemper taking the reigns of this team's net minder, but you can't rule out MIN trading for another goalie either.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Do you anticipate that Backstrom or Kuemper will carry the load the rest of the way? It's a bit unclear what's going on with Backstrom, but he is participating in practices with the Wild.
    Backstrom is a joke. He is one of the worst goalies in the league at this point. The Wild are full of regret after giving him a 3 year deal. He will not supplant Kuemper and would likely be sent down if Harding managed to return. Sending him through waivers and hoping someone would claim him is really the best outcome the Wild are hoping for at this point for Backstrom. If the Wild can find another useful G during the offseason I would not be surprised to see Backstrom get a compliance buyout alongside the obvious Dany Heatley.

Given the unfortunate situation confronting Harding, unless a trade goes down I see Kuemper holding this job the rest of the season, and beyond.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd count on Kuemper to carry the load if Harding isn't back or they don't trade for a goalie at the deadline. The kid has shown to be solid - he played well in the series against Chicago last year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tough to see after a great comeback.
    "In limbo" with Harding on the bench is driving me crazy. Give us fantasy owners something!!
    Wondering if its time to drop him and go for a good backup or starter like Thomas, Nabokov, Scrivens.
    10 team - Keep 4 - H2H Scoring:
    C(3)LW(2)RW(2)D(4)
    G,A,PIM,P,+/-,PPP,Wins,GAA,SV%,SO

C - Thornton, Giroux(RW), Datsyuk(LW), Granlund
    LW - Pacioretti, Vermette(C), Dubinsky(C)
    RW - Voracek,Wheeler, Nyquist(C),
    D - D Boyle , Burns, Zidlicky, Gudas
    G - Niemi, Khudobin, Stalock

IR- Rinne, Harding

The Great One

In fairness to Backstrom, he's been battling an injury for quite awhile. From what I've read, it was only recently that they figured out what was wrong with him. But very little info available on prognosis. While I don't expect much from him the rest of this year....I wouldn't completely rule out - at this point - a stronger performance next year.