Thread: My Tavares for his Giroux?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default My Tavares for his Giroux?

In the league in my sig, I am 100 fantasy points back. My chances of winning this year have gone from slim to close to impossible after the Olympics - I've lost Zetterberg, Zuccarello, and Tavares.

Within a few minutes of his injury, another manager has offered me Claude Giroux for Tavares. A fair offer, but I have had Tavares since his rookie season and I am quite attached to him. I know people overvalue their own players, and I may be doing so here. I think making the trade would give me a better chance to take first, but I still think it is unlikely. I am interested in your thoughts on Tavares and Giroux. I know they are close. Am I overvaluing my own player if I don't do this deal?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: My Tavares for his Giroux?

He'll have to give you more then that. It's not a fair deal in my opinion.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you don't have a realistic shot at winning this year so you should hang on to Tavares.

Dobber Sports Ace

If making the trade keeps you in the hunt/improves your chances of winning...then I think you can justify it.

But given the other injuries, I'm not sure that's the case. I wouldn't do it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you're near the bottom of the standings, keep Tavares. If you're still in the playoff race, then by all means, go accept this deal; it's fair!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not a fair 1 for 1 deal. You'll need him to add another piece.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd rather have Tavares over Giroux, personally. If you're already out of the running because of injuries, I wouldn't make an unwise decision by dealing Tavares for Giroux, despite the former's injury. If you don't have a hope of winning, keep Tavares and plan for next season. My two cents anyway.

Dobber Sports Sage

I would not make this deal unless your almost certain that you would win this year which you don't seem to be. Tavares was/is about to turn an 8-pt player to a 100pt player and this is wothout the luxury of ever having an above average winger or backend to play with. Besides Vanek for like 20games. The Isle's have a lot of fire power in the waiting in the wings both on the backend and up the middle. They will also get to add to that in the draft. Keep Tavares
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As you describe your chances of winning this season as "slim" prior to the injury to Tavares, I'm guessing adding Giroux doesn't change your outlook that much. I would rather have Tavares than Giroux next season and going forward.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 12)

F: Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, W.Karlsson, Scheifele, Voracek, Marchessault, Marner
    D: Pietrangelo, Werenski, Klingberg,
    G: Hellebuyck
    Bench: Mittelstadt, Puljujarvi, Arvidsson, Tolvanen, MA.Fleury, H.Lindholm
    F & D: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HITs, Blks
    G: W, L, SA, SHO