Thread: What to do about Tavares (What is everyone else thinking)?

Default What to do about Tavares (What is everyone else thinking)?

Hey Everyone,

I made a pretty big trade to get Tavares and was almost positive with my current roster I could easily repeat my performance of last year, and win.
    Tavares on the IR is obviously terrible for any team in the running in fantasy hockey, just wondering what you guys who do own him would do and for those of you who dont own him, what are you thinking?

Our league is Keep 4 so at this point Tavares is obviously a keeper for me.
    My keepers are Ovechkin/Rask/Giroux/Tavares with Hall on the outside at this point.

I honestly have no interest in keeping Tavares on the bench as I really want to pull off a win this year.

What do you guys think about sending Tavares somewhere or even packaging him with Hall for a pretty big upgrade?
    Who realistically, do you think I could get in return or should target?

Should I target a Getzlaf or Perry, Maybe a Kessel or Kane?
    If someone isnt in contention, Tavares would surely be an upgrade long-term for them and a huge downgrade for me (long-term).

Thoughts? What would YOU do?

Edit: Can I win with Tavares on the IR and get my win AND a good shot at three-peating next year?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: What to do about Tavares (What is everyone else thinking)?

If you're thinking of packaging Tavares with Hall, then the return better be Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos +. If you can't land any of those guys from trading out Tavares then I would rather keep Tavares and take a chance on forfeiting than give him up for future seasons. In a keep 4, Tavares is probably more valuable to Giroux. Don't trade out Tavares unless it's for an upgrade to one of the other elite forwards.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In a keeper leauge or dynasty leauge, I'm NOT moving Tavares. You'll likely have to package him with someone to get a decent return, and even then, you probably won't get full value.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would attempt to move him for Stamkos. Especially if the other owner is out of the running.
    I'd assume you'd have to include something else to land stamkos but i wouldn't give up the farm.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Newbie

Hey guys, not too hijack this too much but I didn't want to start a new thread:

I'm in the same boat and I'm in way too deep to see this rationally. I'm in first in a H2H league but have been barely hanging on all year long (and having said that anything can happen in the playoffs.)

I've already made moves to try and make sure I'm going to win this year and now Tavares is out. His value in this league is amazing (very limited keeper, salary cap league) and normally I would only trade him for Crosby or Stamkos straight up. But I've already put a lot into winning this year (gave up my first next year for Staal and Lucic [for reference my first this year at number 9 got me Getzlaf]) and I've had an offer of Giordano + Seguin for Tavares. Seguin is no slouch himself, and his cap hit is just as friendly as Tavares'. But he's yet to prove himself like Tavares has...

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tothemax View Post
    Hey guys, not too hijack this too much but I didn't want to start a new thread:

I'm in the same boat and I'm in way too deep to see this rationally. I'm in first in a H2H league but have been barely hanging on all year long (and having said that anything can happen in the playoffs.)

I've already made moves to try and make sure I'm going to win this year and now Tavares is out. His value in this league is amazing (very limited keeper, salary cap league) and normally I would only trade him for Crosby or Stamkos straight up. But I've already put a lot into winning this year (gave up my first next year for Staal and Lucic [for reference my first this year at number 9 got me Getzlaf]) and I've had an offer of Giordano + Seguin for Tavares. Seguin is no slouch himself, and his cap hit is just as friendly as Tavares'. But he's yet to prove himself like Tavares has...

Thoughts?
    No way I'd move Tavares for Giordano + Seguin. I don't think Seguin's upside is as high as Tavares. I can see Seguin as a 70-point guy at his peak, whereas Tavares could hit 90+ points.

I see all these Tavares-related topics and I cringe at some of the offers I've seen for him. He's still an exceptional talent and excellent fantasy guy. Wish I had the guy on my team.

Someone offered me Perry for Tavares, Perry may not even be a keeper over Hall/Giroux.
    Trying to think with my head but i want to win again this year so bad!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Initiate

With your settings I'm guessing Perry is a top 10 or 15 skater and should be kept over one of those two. I'll leave you to figure that out.

If he is a keeper he is a pretty good piece to add. If you could get a second piece with Perry if seriously considerate trade for a title run. After all we are all in it to Win.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Initiate

He's too good to bail on. Honestly, in H2H you're dealing with luck and hot streaks as much as anything else, and it was entirely possible Tavares would have a shit week when you needed him most anyway (mourning the Vanek trade?). He is too valuable long-term to trade away for a lesser player. I'd try to make a run without him. What's your free agent wire like, and do you have a limit on transactions? Any given week there's usually a 40 point waiver fodder guy on a miraculous point-per-game run. If you have that guy for each week of your H2H playoffs (might end up being three different guys) you might squeak by without Tavares.