Thread: Making a run for Tavares

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Making a run for Tavares

Well, the guy with Tavares is the reigning champion and is sitting in 2nd place at the moment at the olympic break. He may be willing to part with Tavares. With the players in my sig, what would be a fair package to acquire Tavares.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Making a run for Tavares

Heh, is it the guy who just posted the 'Vultures are circling.... Moving Tavares' thread below yours?

Same advice as to him. Assuming you are out of it, I would want a lesser keeper back and a bunch of useful non-keepers to give me the victory. From your roster, that is likely Kane, Kopitar, Kessel or Neal as the lesser keeper, and then you're likely looking to add two of Ladd, Palat, Burns, Kronwall. Whatever gives him an upgrade over existing non-keepers. You have decent keepers to get the deal done, but not a lot of help elsewise. It might also make sense to move two lesser keepers, like Kopitar and Sedin for Tavares + a lower end guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

I own Tavares and, looking at your roster, I personally wouldn't even consider anything less than two of Kessel, Kane, Neal, Sedin, and Kopi and one of those two has to be from the first 3 I listed. It's foolish to think that an owner is going to dump a top 4 player for scraps in a keeper just because he's injured. Tavares is still very young and has been durable to date, he's a guy you absolutely have to overpay for.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I own Tavares and, looking at your roster, I personally wouldn't even consider anything less than two of Kessel, Kane, Neal, Sedin, and Kopi and one of those two has to be from the first 3 I listed. It's foolish to think that an owner is going to dump a top 4 player for scraps in a keeper just because he's injured. Tavares is still very young and has been durable to date, he's a guy you absolutely have to overpay for.

Usually I'd agree with you, but with the injury to Tavares there is a window there. IF the Tavares owner is in real contention, the Tavares injury will really hurt, and IF he really wants to win, you have a shot at getting him at a discounted price, and you've got to take a run at it at least.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's going to take one of your best players to pry even an injured Tavares from someone. He's a top-5 talent.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just because a guy is hurt doesn't mean you can get him for a huge discount. Without the injury, a trade would be unlikely. I believe you still need to go in with a strong offer. It's obvious he has value by the fact you want him. The other owner is already pissed about losing a top resource...no need to ad insult to injury with a lowball...regardless if they are chasing the cup. If he's the reigning champ and in 2nd place then he already has a strong keep 10...you need to offer him a keeper and a clear shot at repeating the championship...in other words...time to overpay and not lowball...start with BFugly and Neal...be prepared to add more.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure why you're getting lambasted here with bit low comments since you're asking what a fair offer is but if start with a package of kopitar(or Kane depending on your valuation of them), Sedin and kronwall (or burns) . Kopitar/Kane gives him a pretty good replacement for Tavares at center. Sedin in a good but declining piece that he can use for a championship run. Kronwall is a good #2 defenceman for a championship run but a guy on the fringes of keeper status in a keep 10 league. Burns is better than Kronwall but his value hinges on his maintaining D status
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11