Thread: Vultures are circling...Moving Tavares

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vultures are circling...Moving Tavares

Got several enquiries on Tavares this morning, one buddy texted me at 7:30 am to let me know he's out for the season (thanks arsehole) . I was shopping him before his injury to add some depth to my team and go for the win this year. I'm in second right now in a points only, keep 4, money league.....we only count goals and assists, each worth 1 point. Goalie wins are 2 points and shutouts 3 extra points.

Best offer I have now is his Kunitz, Eberle and Bishop for my Tavares, Riely Smith and Brodeur.....None of these guys I get in the trade would be keepers....I could prob squeeze Steen out of him too and I'd ship Scrivens his way.

If I don't move Tavares I dont think I have any chance of winning this year, if I make this trade I have a legit shot...thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Vultures are circling...Moving Tavares

That trade just looks ewww to me. I think if your moving Tavares regardless of his health you absolutely need to get at least one keeper back in return.

You should put your league setup and roster in your sig so we can be of more help.

Cheers!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    That trade just looks ewww to me. I think if your moving Tavares regardless of his health you absolutely need to get at least one keeper back in return.

You should put your league setup and roster in your sig so we can be of more help.

Cheers!
    Agree. You really should be getting at least a keeper back for Tavares. A team that's out of it should be mroe than happy to trade a lesser keeper and a bunch of useful non-keepers for this season for Tavares. Especially if it's a limited keeper.

I...am your father.

Don't do it

I was just offered Kunitz, Legwand and Iginla for him. The vultures are definitely circling
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Terrible.

I wouldn't even consider a deal that doesn't bring back a keeper for your team plus a couple of useful pieces for this years' playoff run.

Oh that's just gross. I'm taking this in another light and targeting Stamkos with Tavares. The GM with Stamkos is dead last and this could be a win-win for both sides as i sit in second.

Not sure what else i'll have to give up for Stammer but i'll try and maker work.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm targeting Tavares in a cap league for P. Kane, straight up. Tavares has a very nice salary for the next handful of years.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Don't do it man. Tavares is worth too much!

Thanks for the replies, here is a quick update:

I traded Tavares this morning, absolutely had to move him to go for the win this year.

Made a bunch of offers for Kessel +, Giroux + type players that didn't go anywhere and then began targeting the bottom teams. I ended up trading Tavares for Mackinnon and Seguin with the second last placed team.

Happy with the deal overall as it gives me a legit shot to win this year and a keeper in return.

I like the trade for you.
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Giant

What's the payoff if you win? I did a similar move a couple of years ago when I traded Crosby in a limited keeper money pool that I had joined a few years back. The move helped me win that year ($800) and I sold my team the next year for the buy-in price I had paid the previous year as I felt that the loss of Crosby would prevent me from a repeat.

It's fun to play fantasy hockey, but if you can make money out of it, sometimes, a ''normal'' move is not always the best answer if you want $$$
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    What's the payoff if you win? I did a similar move a couple of years ago when I traded Crosby in a limited keeper money pool that I had joined a few years back. The move helped me win that year ($800) and I sold my team the next year for the buy-in price I had paid the previous year as I felt that the loss of Crosby would prevent me from a repeat.

It's fun to play fantasy hockey, but if you can make money out of it, sometimes, a ''normal'' move is not always the best answer if you want $$$
    Nice, must have been tough to move Sid, but sometimes those are the kinds of things you need to do to win. I've done the same thing with Malkin.

The payoff for this pool is $900 if I win. This pool is with real life buddies so I'll be keeping the team but I'm still pretty happy with my roster with this trade.