Thread: Am I Selling Giroux Cheap? Help!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Am I Selling Giroux Cheap? Help!

20 Team Keeper Pool(will be cut to 18 next year). We keep all but 3 players every year. I've managed to build a pretty good squad over some time with some smart trades. The stats we use are Goals/Assists/Points/PP Points/SH Points/SOG/HTS/BLK/GWG/PIM and WINS/SV%/GAA/SVS

Daily Lineups Used: 2C/4W/4D/UTIL/2G

My Team:

Centers: E.Malkin, S.Stamkos, C.Giroux, E.Staal, A.Barkov,
    Wingers: A.Ovechkin, R.Callahan, C.Neil, D.Stafford, A.Burrows, J.Williams, D.Clarkson, C.Glencross, A.Tanguay
    Defensemen: K.Letang(tough break), M.Giordano, J.Trouba, Z.Bogosian, V.Voynov, R.Murray
    Goalies: Crawford, Holtby, Harding(another tough break)

Been offered:

Evander Kane, Sergei Bobrovsky, Sergei Gonchar
    for
    Claude Giroux, Braden Holtby, Jacob Trouba

I tried to get Giroux subbed out for Staal and a depth player and he said no and I tried to get Trouba subbed out for any dman not named Letang and he said no.

Do I walk away or accept this deal? I'm afraid Trouba will end up being a stud fantasy dman and plus Giroux destroys Evander in assists and PP points while Giroux also still produces in the power forward categories that Kane beats him in.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Am I Selling Giroux Cheap? Help!

I wouldn't do this not because of Giroux but because you are also giving up Trouba. Gonchar is pretty much done and I am not a huge believer in Bob so it is not a big upgrade there. Kane is great when he is healthy because of his Hits/Shots but he still isn't close to a PPG player yet.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tell the other guy to take a hike. You have the better forward and the better D to build from plus Bob doesn't have much of a track record yet.

I can see that you need to trade for a second legit goalie but you should be able to find a reasonable deal out there.

P.S. don't "sell" anyone who could be considered a top ten scorer, have the other GMs come and offer the farm for that player if they really want them.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree what have been said. I love Kane but I'd deal in a heartbeat toget Giroux, he's on a different level.
    Also losing Trouba to get Gonchar is a big blow, and Getting Bob is not even close to be compensatory.

Dobber Sports Superstar

As other have stated, I don't like this trade at all. Giroux is one of the top players in the game, and you're not getting anything like a top player back for him. A decent goalie with risk attached and you're actually downgrading your defense as well. No reason to make this deal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Terrible deal. Giroux is top 10 while Kane is a bandaid boy. You're losing on all fronts here.

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with others.... no way you make that deal

you lost the better forward
    you lose the better defenseman
    goalie are almost a wash...

terrible trade offer.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll pile on and agree with everyone here. Awful deal.

You're giving up the best two players in the deal and not getting enough of an upgrade in goal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yuck! Don't even bother with that deal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No way would I even consider this one. I wouldn't even take Kane, Gonchar and Bobrovsky straight up for Giroux. Trouba will be a multi-cat stud and Giroux is significantly better than E. Kane.