Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letang update

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Letang update

The Penguins are set to proceed as if Letang (stroke) will not play again in 2013-14, according to Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Spin: Speaking on WPXI, a local Pittsburgh television station, Rossi said the organization doesn't expect Letang back for the playoffs. The team won't release a specific time frame until Letang finishes his six-week blood thinner period, but fantasy owners should consider alternatives to Letang for the remainder of 2013-14.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Letang update

Maybe this will be good for him. Eight months off to heal all the other stuff that's been happening to his body (concussion, knee/groin/lower body). Fleischmann came back fine, so can Letang
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hopefully he comes back next year as i have him on a guaranteed contract for next year in one of my pools.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Are they ever going to put him on the IR?? Or should I just drop him in a 1yr league ..
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Master

He's a drop in a one year league. Make your move now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    He's a drop in a one year league. Make your move now.
    I keep hearing conflicting reports of whether or not he'll be back this year, that's why I havent done anything yet. Is he definite out for the year?
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Update from today... sounds like "day to day" more than IR.... doesn't make sense b/c its such a major "injury", no?

Kris Letang appears to have a long road ahead of him before he can return to the lineup from a stroke he suffered in January.

Advice: He isn't sure if he'll be back this season and he said for now he is simply "targeting day-by-day." He added: "I have some good days, some bad days [physically]. "I think the most difficult thing is around family, everybody is really careful. I can't even lift their luggage without having them try to help me out." He is still on blood-thinners and it hasn't been determined yet if the hole in his heart was the cause of his stroke. "Otherwise, it's been just mentally a little bit tough."

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang

From The Canadian Press and TSN
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444809

PITTSBURGH -- Recovering from a stroke, Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang said his doctors have reassured him that he'll be play hockey again.

When that could happen is unclear.

The 26-year-old Letang spoke to the media before the Penguins faced Montreal on Thursday night, the first time he has spoken to reporters since having the stroke on a West Coast trip before the Olympic break.

"I'm targeting it day-by-day," Letang said. "I'm trying to improve every day I come here. I try to exercise the best I can. I see doctors pretty much every week, twice a week to get better. So we'll go from there."

Doctors are treating Letang with blood thinners and he has been doing light exercises without weights.

"(Doctors) said being 26 and having a stroke, it's actually a small percentage, but the chance that I get back to normal is really high," Letang said. "We'll take the decision from there, but for now, we're keeping like this. ... I'm going day-by-day to get to 100 per cent," Letang said. "I feel like I'm trying to make steps and getting closer to coming back at one point."

The last month has been particularly difficult for his family.

"When you see your mom crying or your wife, any of my family members, it's always a tough thing to handle," Letang said. "Everbody is really careful, like I can't even lift the luggage without them trying to help me out. Otherwise it's just been mentally tough a little bit."

Letang said his wife found him on the ground the morning before the team flew to Los Angeles and his mother-in-law, who is a nurse and was also on the trip, took care of him.

"I was not able to function," Letang said. "The day before I was totally fine, I was practicing. I woke up and didn't expect that would happen. I went in the car and went to Los Angeles and thought it would clear up but it never did."

Letang, from Montreal, has 54 goals and 173 assists in 419 games in eight seasons with the Penguins.

He signed a $58 million, eight-year contract extension last summer, but has been plagued by injuries this season, missing 19 games with an elbow infection and a lower-body injury before the stroke.

Letang's most recent game was Jan. 27 against Buffalo. After being a Norris Trophy finalist last season, he has 10 goals -- matching a career high -- and 18 assists in 34 games for the Eastern Conference-leading Penguins.

"I'm not going to say it's not a really good season for me," Letang said. "Two of (my injuries) were kind of bad luck, but honestly, if I have the chance to come back this year and play, it's going to be great. I want to make sure I forget all about the three-quarters of the season I missed."

Why aren't they putting him on the IR?? Is he truly DTD? Can they please just give a true report that he's out for the season and end this frustration.

Hopefully a full offseason will have him fully healthy and back playing. I would have him in the top 5 for D heading into next year. Just so few guys with his kind of upside. 12 months ago he posted 38 Pts in 35 Games
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    Hopefully a full offseason will have him fully healthy and back playing. I would have him in the top 5 for D heading into next year. Just so few guys with his kind of upside. 12 months ago he posted 38 Pts in 35 Games
    Karlsson, Subban, Keith, Weber, Pietrangelo, Byfuglien... not a chance he's top 5 when there are so many guys who can post similar numbers (maybe slightly lower ceilings) without the injury risk.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hopefully he is ok health-wise and able to come back ready to go.

I still have him inside the top 5 for defenceman. Only a handful of guys with his top end potential when playing (a year removed from 38 Pts in 35 games)
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

holy crap - is he really going to play? should I be trying to stash him on the IR??

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eyenerd View Post
    holy crap - is he really going to play? should I be trying to stash him on the IR??
    If you have a free IR spot and he's available, what's the downside?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin