Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Team Canada - I think you're toast

I...am your father.

Cool Sorry Team Canada - I think you're toast

I hope I'm wrong, but Team USA has got it together, whereas Canada is still struggling up front. I don't care about 57 shots on goal today. Frankly, watching the game, I saw Canada control the puck in the Latvia zone...but the shots were 95% off of Latvian sticks and/or right at the goalie's chest. And despite the 57 shots credited, I saw at least 10 great shots not attempted...and at least 20 shots that were attempted but shouldn't have been. Everything is wrong and if it wasn't for the defensemen the Canadians wouldn't have gotten this far.

At this point it's looking to me like Team USA for gold. My Olympic ice hockey predictions now:

G - USA
    S - Finland
    B - Canada

And even then, I only give Canada the bronze because Sweden is missing half their team.

The forwards lack that hustle/grit combination, which is why - if you remember from January when I gave you my team (that thread will be added back in within 48 hours or so), I had Taylor Hall and James Neal on my team in place of Duchene and Marleau. (to be fair, I also had Giroux over Jeff Carter - but Carter is having a good tournament). They need to paste some people into the boards, open up space, while at the same time find the holes when they shoot the puck - I think Hall and Neal are good that way.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe we see a new Team Canada on Friday. But I think, at the DobberHockey Event Friday night, that we will be drowning our sorrows in our beer.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Sorry Team Canada - I think you're toast

I can only hope your thoughts are correct. Should be an entertaining game on Friday, but hopefully the final score is in Team USA's favor.

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed 100% Dobber...from watching the games USA clearly has outplayed their opponents while as Canada seems to be "running around" most of the time trying to figure it out. Babcock might be Team Canada's downfall.

#USAHockey

Administrator

Bullocks! Bullocks to all of this.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

We'll be okay - we just have trouble with teams who play rope-a-dope.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am hoping to see a more North American style of game, more wide open back and forth and less trap-crap. Hopefully Canada will free up a bit more and get their act together. That being said, I realize he had little work today, but it seemed like Carey Price was fighting the puck on most of his saves. Hopefully the more work will stablize that for him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

So often we see something that is logically supposed to happen and then a wrench gets thrown into things. Russia loses to Finland, Latvia keeps the game close...

Coin flip!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

No way! Canada will win! Obviously because, uh... well...
    Crosby.

Please?
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

The Great One

Couldn't agree more, Dobber. It's like EVERY team has the scouting report on how to defend against our players. Just collapse as a box, and let them spend half the night skating up and down the boards, cycling in the corner, etc. Nobody is driving the nets. There's very little creativity in the offensive zone. It's been painful to watch, for the most part.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's as if this is the first version of team canada that anyone has ever watched. Yes, there have been underperforming teams in the past (98, 06). And even the 98 team is arguable as Hasek stole that QF. Yes the USA can win because they are a fine team but traditionally, for whatever reason Canada plays to the level of their competitor and/or takes almost until the last minute to completely gel. Either most of you have short term memory issues or post nonsense just for the sake of posting.

They may lose, but their best effort will come in this SF. Book it...and for the love of god remember it for the next international tournament. We. Have. Seen. This. Before. Countless times.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    It's as if this is the first version of team canada that anyone has ever watched. Yes, there have been underperforming teams in the past (98, 06). And even the 98 team is arguable as Hasek stole that QF. Yes the USA can win because they are a fine team but traditionally, for whatever reason Canada plays to the level of their competitor and/or takes almost until the last minute to completely gel. Either most of you have short term memory issues or post nonsense just for the sake of posting.

They may lose, but their best effort will come in this SF. Book it...and for the love of god remember it for the next international tournament. We. Have. Seen. This. Before. Countless times.

...so, is everyone going to remember this for the next "best on best" international tournament when Canada comes out of the gate slow or plays to the level of their opponent? I don't think so either.

Like I said, some have terrible memories or just post for the same of posting.

"Toast". Lol.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but Team USA has got it together, whereas Canada is still struggling up front. I don't care about 57 shots on goal today. Frankly, watching the game, I saw Canada control the puck in the Latvia zone...but the shots were 95% off of Latvian sticks and/or right at the goalie's chest. And despite the 57 shots credited, I saw at least 10 great shots not attempted...and at least 20 shots that were attempted but shouldn't have been. Everything is wrong and if it wasn't for the defensemen the Canadians wouldn't have gotten this far.

At this point it's looking to me like Team USA for gold. My Olympic ice hockey predictions now:

G - USA
    S - Finland
    B - Canada

And even then, I only give Canada the bronze because Sweden is missing half their team.

The forwards lack that hustle/grit combination, which is why - if you remember from January when I gave you my team (that thread will be added back in within 48 hours or so), I had Taylor Hall and James Neal on my team in place of Duchene and Marleau. (to be fair, I also had Giroux over Jeff Carter - but Carter is having a good tournament). They need to paste some people into the boards, open up space, while at the same time find the holes when they shoot the puck - I think Hall and Neal are good that way.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe we see a new Team Canada on Friday. But I think, at the DobberHockey Event Friday night, that we will be drowning our sorrows in our beer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

"And even then I only give Canada the bronze because Sweden is missing half their team"

Lmao!! And what's your take now "big guy"? And is this the 1st international tournament you've ever watched?

Read laidlaws. Ramblings. The rest are useless. Been saying it for a while now.

Banned

"And even then I only give Canada the bronze because Sweden is missing half their team"

Lmao!! And what's your take now "big guy"? And is this the 1st international tournament you've ever watched?

you only talk once the results are in. if your side loses you arenowhere to be seen. fool

I...am your father.

I've never been so happy to be wrong, though I have to say your tone is a little over the top "big guy". Relax. Team Canada got it together - flawless defensively, though they still had their issues passing up good shots and taking some bad ones.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi