Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Evgeny Kuznetsov

https://twitter.com/kuzya92/status/435504436207964160

Kuz was asked directly about 20 minutes ago whether or not he was going to play for the Caps this season. He said yes! So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Is this someone we should target in keeper leagues?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Yeah, without a doubt. Serious upside, think Kovalchuk if he can put it all together. There have been some bumps along the way, but Kuznetsov has significant upside and he should be in a situation with very talented offensive players around him in WSH. Now isn't exactly the best time to invest, but it's better late than never.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

I think you should be looking to buy him, but don't be a bit surprised if his current owner isn't well aware of this info as well and probably will want a kings ransom for him. You're chance to buy low on him (with the doubt of him coming to NHL or not) is probably well sailed past by now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Not close to kovalchuk in yes of talent. More hype than reality is what he has always brought to the table, I wouldn't buy him right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

Not yet listed in Yahoo either...unless I'm missing something.

But as a free add (if he's available on the wire in a league), why not?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well I scooped him up in my ESPN league. He's IR eligible too!

Dobber Sports Giant

ive been hanging on to him for a long while now and i cant wait.
    i think he's been pretty honest with the caps in letting them know he was staying in the khl. he signed 2 years and he stuck to it. gotta think if and when he signs with the caps he will stick to it too. i just cant see him screwing with the caps like radulove did with nashville.
    plus playing with ovi has to be encouraging.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sage

Depending on the price he is obviously someone who should be targeted. Although I think you may have missed the boat here. He has been saying for 2 years that he was going to come over precisely at this time so I doubt anyone who has kept him for those two years+ is going to move him now. I certainly wouldn't trade him for less than an huge over payment now. He has huge upside and anyone telling you different is just wrong. What's not to like big and extremely skilled and probably going to step right in and play with the best pure goal scorer the NHL has seen in maybe 20 years.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Depending on the price he is obviously someone who should be targeted. Although I think you may have missed the boat here. He has been saying for 2 years that he was going to come over precisely at this time so I doubt anyone who has kept him for those two years+ is going to move him now. I certainly wouldn't trade him for less than an huge over payment now. He has huge upside and anyone telling you different is just wrong. What's not to like big and extremely skilled and probably going to step right in and play with the best pure goal scorer the NHL has seen in maybe 20 years.
    I agree with this. Can't wait to see what he can do with the Caps.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Banned

He won't play with ovechkin, they play the same position

Dobber Sports Pro

If he comes over to Caps this season, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to the North American-style game on a very inconsistent Caps squad. Lots of hype around him and he's been billed as an all-world talent...so intrigued by his long-awaited arrival. Hard to get a read on a guy unless you've watched a lot of KHL games the last couple years so....with most things it depends on the price it would take to acquire him, whether it's worth the risk or not.

Dobber Sports Sage

To bad he's not Swedish that would make him such a better hockey player!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kuz plays center, correct? The Capitals desperately need someone to man their 2nd line.

Dobber Sports Sage

Kuznetsov plays both C/RW. He could play with Ovie (their center position is really lacking in terms of creation of offence), but who knows where he will play. Don't listen to Big Ev, although I wouldn't go out and pay a fortune for a guy who appears to have a some attitude issues, he's definitely worth a grab in any type of league. His upside is real (skill and ability are as good as any) but it's whether or not he has the capacity to put it together in the nhl. Big Ev also said that Jacob Trouba has no offensive ability, so I wouldn't take his statements as gospel.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

Yeah don't listen to me even though Kuznetsov is a RW and everyone with knowledge of him knows this. This reminds me of the people who thought Strome would play with Tavares. Even if Kuznetsov played centre he wouldn't displace Backstrom ever.

Yes, I really said Jacob Trouba had no offensive ability, right. Way to twist words around. I said Wiercioch's offensive game is better which I still would say.

Saying Kuznetsov's skill is as good as anybody's is such a reach. The guy has floundered the last two years in the KHL and is nothing but hype at the moment.

He is worth a grab for sure if you can get him for nothing, but I wouldn't be trading anybody decent for him who is already in the league.