Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Russia Vs USA Olympics

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Though even not being a fan of the shutout I gotta concede it was pretty fun watching Kovie, Dats and Oshie working their magic.
    Totally agree. Fun to watch while it's on, then unsatisfying the minute it's over.
    I'd hate for that to have been a medal on the line.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Fun to watch while it's on, then unsatisfying the minute it's over.
    that's a great way to put it...sorta like a quick handjob in the car -lmao

The Great One

Damnit. I missed it and the highlights aren't the same!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 1h

Voynov on Quick dislodging the net before the Tyutin disallowed goal: "I play with him. I know that's his style." #USAvRUS

wow there is sour grapes and then there is wanting to get your balls kicked in by every one of your NHL teammates when you all get back together

some people just don't know when to shut their mouths
    Or, he could be telling the truth. Quick certainly slid over to that post pretty hard during the play before the shot was taken from the point and was looking right at the ref after the goal went in as if to say "hey, the net was off!" as if he already knew it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or, he could be telling the truth. Quick certainly slid over to that post pretty hard during the play before the shot was taken from the point and was looking right at the ref after the goal went in as if to say "hey, the net was off!" as if he already knew it.
    i am not saying he wasn't telling the truth but what his quote seems to say is that Quick is known among his teammates for knocking the net off intentionally

again not something that a teammate should be divulging to the world

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    wow what a 3rd period of hockey!

A couple observations I had:

1)For a guy with no natural talent, Pavel Datsyuk is playing very well out there for Russia

[/B]
    Lol! I knew it. mister mcgoo is Glen Healy!
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Sage

What a disgusting way to end a wonderful hockey game. Russia was the better team today but it was close and could have went either way. Would have loved to just play it out until someone scored. Kudos to Oshie but that is the dumbest rule, maybe in any sport. It is a team competition and you compound the absurdity of a skills competition deciding it by allowing 1 guy to shoot over and over again. Stupidest thing ever. Hope so much these teams meet up again in the medal round.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    It is a team competition and you compound the absurdity of a skills competition deciding it by allowing 1 guy to shoot over and over again. Stupidest thing ever. Hope so much these teams meet up again in the medal round.
    Agreed... the same-shooter rule is especially ******ed.

The odds of these teams meeting up for a medal are pretty slim IMO. With Sweden depleted, I think one of US/Russia will play for gold, and they can't both be there because Canada will also be there

I would LOVE to see Canada against either of these two teams in the finals... in fact I can't decide which I would like to see more. Since it's in Russia, I think a Canada vs. Russia final would be my dream match.
    Last edited by blayze; February 15, 2014 at 6:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Agreed... the same-shooter rule is especially ******ed.

The odds of these teams meeting up for a medal are pretty slim IMO. With Sweden depleted, I think one of US/Russia will play for gold, and they can't both be there because Canada will also be there

I would LOVE to see Canada against either of these two teams in the finals... in fact I can't decide which I would like to see more. Since it's in Russia, I think a Canada vs. Russia final would be my dream match.
    Don't think you want to see a Russia/Canada final bro or you'll be sporting a Miley Cyrus avatar

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

beating the Russians for the gold is always awesome...but living in the states another US-Canada matchup would be amazing too...I dunno

Oh my head.

...I think I'm still drunk.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's a shame that a skills competition is going to decide this hockey game.
    Yeah, too bad the Russian's third goal didn't decide it lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I love how many change their tune after 1 game. Who were those homers that said US didn't have a team?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    I love how many change their tune after 1 game. Who were those homers that said US didn't have a team?
    I still don't think there team is that great. I think the Russians are better along with both the Canadians and the Swed's and probably even the Fin's. Still don't think they medal imo

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I think the Russians are better along with both the Canadians and the Swed's and probably even the Fin's. Still don't think they medal imo
    Pure nonsense.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen