Thread: LANDED CROSBY - happy owner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default LANDED CROSBY - happy owner

I just landed Crosby from a losing owner.

Sent Giroux (24$ - a deal), Kadri (1$ a steal) and Tarasenko (farm)
    for
    Crosby (56$)

I hope this move will keep me in the race for this year.

Worst comes to worst, I'll trade the Kid for solid keepers at the end of the year.

(In our league, a keeper is a good pts/$ ratio, as we have to keep only 3, and pay them 5$ more before auction)

Just had to shout it somewhere.
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Pro

In a limited keeper league, I think I value Giroux at $24 over Crosby at $56.

I'm guessing that Crosby @ $56 is closer to his true value in the league. If he were to go back in the auction (assuming that's your approach), how much do you think he'd go for?

Giroux, on the other hand, is a absolute steal at $24.

Production wise, it may help you short term, but I think that's an awful lot of $$ tied up compared to your previous situation.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Useless to say, Giroux was the absolute steal in our league for the past years. The previous owner had traded him to me in a desperation move last year.

To give you an idea, Malkin went for 56$ and Ovie for 55$ this year. Crosby might just get 60$ and over. At 56$ it's actually not so bad.

This is obviously a now vs. future move. I'm trying to boost my team short term. As I said, if this plan does not work, I can always trade Crosby to a contender later this year in exchange for keepers (thinking Seguin at 10$ and duchene at 20$).
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by quantaloup View Post
    Useless to say, Giroux was the absolute steal in our league for the past years. The previous owner had traded him to me in a desperation move last year.

To give you an idea, Malkin went for 56$ and Ovie for 55$ this year. Crosby might just get 60$ and over. At 56$ it's actually not so bad.

This is obviously a now vs. future move. I'm trying to boost my team short term. As I said, if this plan does not work, I can always trade Crosby to a contender later this year in exchange for keepers (thinking Seguin at 10$ and duchene at 20$).
    Are you a contender this year?

So basically, Crosby would have cost you $61 to keep... which is what he would have gone for on the market. So there's no value gain there.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Are you a contender this year?

So basically, Crosby would have cost you $61 to keep... which is what he would have gone for on the market. So there's no value gain there.
    At the moment I am, though I was quite a bit lucky. Giroux's slump could have hurt mt a lot more.

Exactly. The value gain here is in terms of pure, consistent production right now. Also, Crosby will still have enormous value in february-april, when 3-4 contenders will do everything they can to boost their team. And if I am still in the race, well.. I've got a shot at the title and will have to bid carefully next year.