Thread: What to do with my #1 waiver rank

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What to do with my #1 waiver rank

Our rank is kept from week to week, and I havent picked anything from the waivers all season long, so I have held the #1 rank since week 2.

We have two divisions with 5 teams in each and I'm currently tied for 1st in my division with a 7-2 record (I'm slightly ahead on points for). The winner of each division gets a BYE in the first week of the playoffs (week 14). I am already qualified for the playoffs, so I'm only fighting to secure that BYE week.

My squad is strong (probably the strongest).

QB: Brees
    RB1: Reggie Bush
    RB2: Spiller
    WR1: AJ Green
    WR2: D Thomas
    WR3: Gordon
    TE: Graham
    W/R: Gore
    W/T: Gronkowski
    K and DST: Streaming

Bench: Andre Brown, Ivory, J Bell, Hunter, Baldwin (bye week replacement for Gronk) and another random WR (bye week replacement for Gordon).

So I've got Reggie and Gore handcuffed. Spiller is "handcuffed" through having Ivory and Andre Brown on the bench. My starting lineup would take a hit if one of my WRs or TEs went down, so I'm considering to trade one of Brown/Ivory for a WR2 type of player.

Two questions:
    1. What would you do with the #1 waiver rank? How good of an opportunity must a player have for me to burn it? (I didnt pick Mike James, Harry Douglas etc.)

2. Would you move a RB for a WR2 (and maybe throw out some names to target)?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Novice

Your team is looking really good and using the waiver would seem like making a move just to make a move. I don't think that there's anything on the wire that would compel you to use the #1. Why not just hold it in case a big injury comes up or a must grab becomes readily apparent?

I would think about staying the course to see how Ivory and Brown do in the next week or two and you could possibly ship one for a WR if you feel weak there. Maybe now is a good time to think about J. Nelson for when (if?) Rodgers comes back for the playoffs? Keenan Allen may be a good target for now and the playoffs too, but his price would likely be pretty high. I guess it depends on how the owners value these guys.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tried Nelson a few days ago, but the owner wouldnt bite. Been working on Torrey Smith, Antonio Brown etc. Might take a chance on Colston.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore