Thread: Trading for Graham

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for Graham

So I am making a run at Jimmy Graham. The owner who has him is mediocre and thats being kind. He has Rivers, Sproles, Bell, Ridley, Shorts, Vincent Brown and Michael Floyd as his starters elsewhere.

So I have offered, Julius Thomas, Fitzgerald and one of Decker or Harvin and he says no... What more do I need to give up?

I have: P Manning, Peterson, McCoy, Lacy, Garcon, Fitzgerlad, Decker, Thomas. With Dobson, Harvin and Josh Gordon along with Vereen and Andre Brown on my bench. Likely thinking of adding Crabtree tonight as well as he is available.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dont overpay just because people are dumb. Julius, Fitz and Harvin should be more than enough and would boost his lineup. If anything, try swapping Harvin with Andre Brown or Vereen, but dont add more to that first deal.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Veteran

You aren't going to be able to do it...sorry. I have Graham in both of my leagues and there's nothing anyone could give me to trade him. That kind of production in a TE slot is better value than anything. I reached for Graham early this year and it paid off. There's an argument to be made that Graham is the number one overall fantasy player worthy of #1 overall pick consideration next season in nonkeeper leagues.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Matt is definitely right in that you cant get him, because the price will be moronic. Most people dont understand the value of having good producers in all positions and will sacrifice (and ask for) way too much to get(give) the biggest stars. That's why I usually aim in on the best of the 2nd best. My lineup now has Reggie Bush, AJ Green (bought low the exact week before he exploded), Gordon, D Thomas and Gore that were all traded for. The others in my league mostly do BIG trades with names like Foster, AP, Calvin etc but there is "always" a big loser in those trades and in tend to be the one buying the big name.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Matt is definitely right in that you cant get him, because the price will be moronic. Most people dont understand the value of having good producers in all positions and will sacrifice (and ask for) way too much to get(give) the biggest stars. That's why I usually aim in on the best of the 2nd best. My lineup now has Reggie Bush, AJ Green (bought low the exact week before he exploded), Gordon, D Thomas and Gore that were all traded for. The others in my league mostly do BIG trades with names like Foster, AP, Calvin etc but there is "always" a big loser in those trades and in tend to be the one buying the big name.
    I drafted tons of depth and have been able to swing smooth trades for elite producers. I landed Peterson and Garcon for Cruz, Morris, DeAngelo, Jordan Reed and Steve Smith. I am content with my team as constituted. But people like Matt and the guy in my league think Jimmy Graham is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And while he is a stud DO NOT try and convince me, Jimmy Graham, Vincent Brown and Michael Floyd will outproduce Julius Thomas, Percy Harvin and Larry Fitzgerald. That is just madness. Plus the guy has such a slim shot at the playoffs he needs depth but whatever.

Dobber Sports Veteran

We don't even know when/if Harvin is coming back and Graham is on pace for 20 Tds. I can't imagine Brown and Floyd being anyone's starting receivers. And Graham is waaaay better than sliced bread. The AP owner is an idiot for making that terrible trade. Just because you ripped someone off for AP doesn't mean you can rip off every owner for their best player. Rarely does quantity make up for quality. You sound kind of angry and bitter that the guy won't give up Graham and sound kind of angry that I agreed that he's untouchable. Maybe next year reach for him early and then you won't have this problem....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Might be a bit of repetition here, but as a Graham owner Matt is absolutely right. I have a well consolidated team so it is somewhat circumstantial; however I still have a few holes such as a solid RB2 and a solid QB1 and depth on the bench -- no multitude of players would be enough to land Graham regardless of my needs. You would stand better luck offering your best player for Graham and then some. The Graham owner will want immediate production from whatever name he gets, not just a slight/moderate upgrade at that position. You want to really have a shot of getting him you would have to offer something like..
    McCoy/Lacy, Thomas, and Decker. That would really get my attention and that's what would have to happen. Sure your trade makes sense and may be even in trade value charts, but you're not going to get an even trade with a name like Graham. You want the biggest game changer in FF at the moment, you're going to have to overpay. That's just the reality of it.

Good Luck.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.